Elite Turbo Muin problem, is this normal? HELP

sparklehedgehog
sparklehedgehog Posts: 295
Hi

Just received my turbo min today and think this is broken as theres a loud knocking noise as can be heard in this video i took to demonstrate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Aso5QfsslM

Is this normal? Please help

Thanks
Giant Propel Advanced Pro 1 Disc 2020
Giant TCR Advanced SL 1 Disc 2020
Giant TCR Advanced 2 2020
Canyon Lux CF SL 7.0 2019
Canyon Spectral CF 7.0 2019
Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 Di2 2020
Wattbike Atom V2
Garmin Edge 530

Comments

• grahamcp
    grahamcp Posts: 323
    I've literally just ordered one of these 5 mins ago!

Doesn't sound at all right to me, they are billed as being really quiet.

There is one review on the Evans website which says "I had to send the first two back. The flywheel clunked on the war round. One developed this fault after a few weeks. The other from the outset. The third trainer seems ok. Just a quiet whirr as it rotates. When it works it is good (smooth and provides high resistance) so hopefully it carries on!"

So perhaps a common fault :-(
  • i got evans to arrange a collection of it and am being refunded as this doesn't inspire confidence for me. shame as really liked the look and idea of this one
    Wattbike Atom V2
    Garmin Edge 530
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    I also set one up last night, I can't watch your video at work, but mine doesn't make any unexpected noises, other than sounding like someones flushed the loo when you start pedaling, otherwise nice and quiet. Looking forward to the first session on it tonight. Mine came from Rose Bikes and I've never seen so much cardboard in one delivery. Its not a light turbo, but the weight of the accumulated cardboard was at least half to the package weight.

Good luck
  • Turns out it isn't right. Sent the video to elite directly in Italy and they've confirmed the knocking is wrong and return to shop. Not good really and has knocked my confidence in a really attractive product. Concerned what to do now
    Wattbike Atom V2
    Garmin Edge 530