Stereotypes - a ramble

2»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    tim wand wrote:
    WTF is wrong with you lot? 3 frames up is Flic Kendals Breasts covered in Meat Juices^^^^^^^^ and your still banging on about Suits. are you one of these guys???

untitled_zps3a07b8f6.png

I don't want to stereotype but I thought everyone on here was at least in their 40's.
    I can still taste the gravy I imagined licking off her...
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,970
    tim wand wrote:
    WTF is wrong with you lot? 3 frames up is Flic Kendals Breasts covered in Meat Juices^^^^^^^^ and your still banging on about Suits. are you one of these guys???

untitled_zps3a07b8f6.png

I don't want to stereotype but I thought everyone on here was at least in their 40's.
    There's been other posts?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    tim wand wrote:
    Tim, were you a washing machine in a past life? (watch from 2:45 in) :)
    Look what I've got in my laundry bag...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    team47b wrote:
    What's wrong with tailored suits?

(Last time I wore a suit was When I had to go to the Palace, Buckingham, not Chrystal)

Oooh - look at you T47 O.B.E.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    team47b wrote:
    What's wrong with tailored suits?

(Last time I wore a suit was When I had to go to the Palace, Buckingham, not Chrystal)

OBE :lol::lol::lol:

He was attending one of those parties organised by Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:

He was attending one of those parties organised by Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein :wink:
    Is that in any way connected with the fact that he now lives a low profile existence in Portugal? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Is that in any way connected with the fact that he now lives a low profile existence in Portugal? :)

There's no escaping the bent bang fiasco, wherever he lives though.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552

Well recalled Stevo.. Personally I was more a Jenny Agutter man, but after waving them at Train drivers I don't think she ever wore any!!!
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:

Well recalled Stevo.. Personally I was more a Jenny Agutter man, but after waving them at Train drivers I don't think she ever wore any!!!
    I'm with you there Tim - seem to remember first 'noticing' her when she played the hot nurse in 'An American Werewolf in London' :)
  • pinno
    There was a very good shower scene in that flick.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    I'm more a 'work to live' kind of a person :D
    That's a 'Yes', then :P

Sadly it is :cry:

I often talk about if its possible to drop out of society but I reckon you'd be hard pushe'd to these days.
    Unless you fancy your chances as a wino?

Better to stay in and live a lot :)

I would love to remove myself from the 'Grid'. But I reckon I would need quite a few quid to set it up and find a place in the world where communications are minimal ie Patagonia (probably wired up by now). Whilst this yacking on line is all very well and fun at times. Do all of you not think that it really is ultimately quite futile and that really we should be doing something more constructive and fulfilling with our lives?

Stevo. It really is not better to stay in and live a lot. By staying in, you are not living but merely existing. Is it really a great life? - A city worker, who has to commute on crowded roads and in packed trains. Put in 50+ pressurised hours a week for a good reward. Merely to service a large mortgage, 2x cars and private school fees (just an example).
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    Cheers for the offer, but I don't fancy a walk ;)
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • pinno
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

I often talk about if its possible to drop out of society but I reckon you'd be hard pushe'd to these days.

I would love to remove myself from the 'Grid'. But I reckon I would need quite a few quid to set it up and find a place in the world where communications are minimal ie Patagonia (probably wired up by now). Whilst this yacking on line is all very well and fun at times. Do all of you not think that it really is ultimately quite futile and that really we should be doing something more constructive and fulfilling with our lives?

Stevo. It really is not better to stay in and live a lot. By staying in, you are not living but merely existing. Is it really a great life? - A city worker, who has to commute on crowded roads and in packed trains. Put in 50+ pressurised hours a week for a good reward. Merely to service a large mortgage, 2x cars and private school fees (just an example).

I'm too knackered most evenings to do anything else.

Stevo is too tight for 2 cars, school fees and the like. If you hear a high pitched squeak in Bromley, it;s Stevo going for a walk.
    How come you got all morose and philosophical Mr Goo?
  • Stevo_666
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Goo, most of the above don't apply me :wink:

Work hard, play hard is not a bad way to be. I can do the things I want and buy the stuff I want and not worry about money (not a big boast, my tastes are mostly quite modest :P ). Money stress is horrible and I find that the work actually gets less stressful as you climb the greasy pole as you're more in control of things. I took time out a few years back and got bored after a while. Can't imagine staying sane when I retire!

(PS: Pinno is wrong, I do have 2 cars :) )
  • Monkeypump wrote:
    What about interviews? Weddings? Funerals?

Don't you like to look smart, just occasionally?

Don't go to them. Not been to a wedding in 15 years, a funeral in 10 and my last job interview was for a job working for people I knew so very casual. I now work in a casual place in an industry making stuff for cars and other things. No-one we deal with wear suits, it's a very casual industry. If I wore a suit it would look out of place.

I don't think suits are the only way to look smart enough for more formal events. However I try to avoid them if I can. Suits are uncomfortable, stuffy and generally expensive to buy ones that fit me and looks good. I'm tall and slim, no off the peg suit comes in my size which means tailoring to make one fit or to use a proper tailor service.
  • mr_goo
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Stevo is too tight for 2 cars, school fees and the like. If you hear a high pitched squeak in Bromley, it;s Stevo going for a walk.

I have my moments, good/bad, philosophical/irrational, morose/cheerful.... But in truth I have wanted to live a simpler life for sometime, even if that means giving up cycling. In my earlier career (90s) I was a business analyst for a newspaper group, developing IT systems (until redundancy). When doing this I couldn't for the life of me get an answer as to why the powers that be required half the stuff that was being worked on. I came to the answer that it was because they could do it and it could be done, never mind that it made no sense or was pointless. And today I think the same. Technology is a wonderful thing, and I marvel at mobile technology, am astounded in medical sciences and love the advance in space exploration etc. But cannot think why half the stuff is done.
    If I could live on a small holding, and grow/rear what I need to survive, go back to just having a landline phone just for contact and emergencies. Then that would be ideal.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

If I told you the answer to that I would have to...
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    sit down and drink another coffee?

Back on the suits thing from a page ago or so, I find them comfortable, they look good, give a good impression, importantly I feel good in one. Do I sit around on a sunday morning in a suit? No, but I'd happily throw on a shirt and jeans instead of slacks/sports gear. Tend to use slacks (cotton trousers) for lounging in the house and sports gear when I am involved in sport. It is each to their own but for various reasons about myself I find I am generally in a better state of mind when I get up and dress up.

The idea of the mountain life is great, not sure I could actually manage it no matter how much I love the hills and outdoors. I also think I prefer the beach, though I do less sports on the water than I do on the hills in this country
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • arran77
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

I have my moments, good/bad, philosophical/irrational, morose/cheerful.... But in truth I have wanted to live a simpler life for sometime, even if that means giving up cycling. In my earlier career (90s) I was a business analyst for a newspaper group, developing IT systems (until redundancy). When doing this I couldn't for the life of me get an answer as to why the powers that be required half the stuff that was being worked on. I came to the answer that it was because they could do it and it could be done, never mind that it made no sense or was pointless. And today I think the same. Technology is a wonderful thing, and I marvel at mobile technology, am astounded in medical sciences and love the advance in space exploration etc. But cannot think why half the stuff is done.
    If I could live on a small holding, and grow/rear what I need to survive, go back to just having a landline phone just for contact and emergencies. Then that would be ideal.

I've got to agree with you Goo.

The things that we can do as a race are quite amazing but you have to wonder if it's all a bit futile really because I'm sure at some point in the future if we continue as we are we're going to feck this place right up.

I think the trouble is that most people feel compelled to better themselves, which is fine, I like to have decent things that are within my relatively modest means, but there are plenty of people who will stop at nothing to have the best at any cost.

When people can afford this that's great but sadly many can not truly afford it but still see a need to have these things which inevitably means they'll get into debt to achieve the things they think they need (which in reality they don't need at all).

It's this side of human nature that I dislike to be honest and the reason why I would remove myself from society if I could.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    Removing yourself from society/system is a lot more difficult than remaining in the system, hiding amongst the bewildered herd will always be easier.

Self sufficiency is tough. I have just finished sawing logs with a hand saw. :D

Reducing electrical consumption to a point where I could live off grid was difficult but possible:D

Mr goo, given your dislike of alternative energy how are you going to power your freezer full of slaughtered livestock on your small holding :wink:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,156
    tim wand wrote:
    WTF is wrong with you lot? 3 frames up is Flic Kendals Breasts covered in Meat Juices^^^^^^^^ .

It's the first time I've seen gravy on pancakes.
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    Mr goo, given your dislike of alternative energy how are you going to power your freezer full of slaughtered livestock on your small holding :wink:

He's going to go all veggie like someone I know.

So Arran, what yer sayin' is this:
    The people who need the stuff that the other people have got want it so bad that they think need it and if they get it it might not be what they need even though they thought that they needed it just like the one's that got it thought they needed it and in the process made the people who haven't got it need it the stuff that the other people have got...
  • arran77
    team47b wrote:

The people who need the stuff that the other people have got want it so bad that they think need it and if they get it it might not be what they need even though they thought that they needed it just like the one's that got it thought they needed it and in the process made the people who haven't got it need it the stuff that the other people have got...

Spot on Pina :D

When you signing up for the Bottom Bracket commune :wink:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    arran77 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Mr goo...blah blah0

The people...blah blah

Spot on Pina :D

When you signing up for the Bottom Bracket commune :wink:

Now, there's an idea and here's some:
    Bicycle powered TV's broadcasting programmes like 'How to make a proper long drop'. 'How to skin, gut, and boil a Squirrel' and 'Things you can cure by rubbing beetroot on it'.
    Potting potatoes in old disused helmets.
    Windmills using old inner tubes as belt drives
    Enhancing l-casei bacteria growth in crudder shorts.
    The book: How to attract your perfect cave girl, by seantheconn.

and a set of rules not set by a CC.
  • mr_goo
    team47b wrote:
    Removing yourself from society/system is a lot more difficult than remaining in the system, hiding amongst the bewildered herd will always be easier.

Self sufficiency is tough. I have just finished sawing logs with a hand saw. :D

Reducing electrical consumption to a point where I could live off grid was difficult but possible:D

My word you have a remarkable memory. Must be the sun down their on the Iberian peninsular. I am not against renewable/alternative energy, but question the location of the giant off shore wind farms and in particular question the motives of quite a few of the proponents of said installations. ie Mr Clegg.
  • mr_goo
    team47b wrote:

Errr, diesel generator + small wind turbine + solar panels.
  • team47b
    Mr Goo wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Errr, diesel generator + small wind turbine + solar panels.

Only if you run the genny on Mr P's recipe home brew recycled oil AND the oil was originally from your own olive trees :D
  • pinno
    I can help you there Mr Goo but only once I decide on a price.