Another bargain

2»

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    VTech wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    and you can stay onsite for a couple of days with the wife if you like.

She wouldn't mind? :shock:

I could answer that in 2 ways in all honesty. :)

1) your wife, I presume she likes to go away with you from time to time.
    2) my wife, I don't offer her that much theses days, 5'9", overweight, bald. :oops:

Why do you stay with your wife then VTech if she's fat and bald?
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    VTech wrote:
    2) my wife, I don't offer her that much theses days, 5'9", overweight, bald. :oops:

Put a hat on, she'll never notice.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,085
    Is it me or do you have to drink some vino before posting on here? I'll be back...

As far as the price of wines are concerned (Re.: Comment about advertising), it is a lottery under the £6 mark. I cannot compare the quality of a Californian Cabernet Sauvignon from the Burgess vineyard or a £30 bottle of Nuits St Georges to a £3.99 job at Lidl. If you like your high tannin full bodied reds, there is no end of choice but if you prefer something a little more sophisticated...
    Once upon a time a long long time ago, my then partner and I discovered Macon Rouge at a local 'offy'. It is in the same area as Beaujolais (utter cr4p) but 10 times the quality. They were selling it off cheap at about £4 a bottle and we bought far too much of the stuff. So occasionally, you can stumble on a good cheap wine but the same wine the next year - might be dire.
    (Oh, to cycle around Northern Italy and take in some of the thousands of wine producers.)

Here is some for the Christmas list -
    Chateau Moulin de Pillardot.
    Est Est Est, Montefiascone - best white I have ever tasted.
    Finca Sophia Malbec Tempranillo UCO Valley, 2012 Argentina. About £12 a bottle unless you buy a case.
    Cheap and usually very cheerful: 'Old Git' wines, especially the Merlot.

[Add yours here]
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    arran77 wrote:
    Yeah, come on VTech, spill the beans, what's your plonk called?

Chateau Bolleaux?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • arran77
    arran77 wrote:

Chateau Bolleaux?

:lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    arran77 wrote:

Chateau Bolleaux?

And this is the real difference. You see it could be lies, it may be written just to wind a few people up but it could be true.
    I could actually be rich or poor, I could be fit or fat.
    Behind a keyboard its hard to tell but there is a simple fact that is plain to verify, of the few forum members whom have met me or dealt with me know the truth. Of course this has no effect on me, as I said earlier, its 3 meats for the tech posse this xmas but again, maybe thats a lie ?
    Living MY dream.
  • arran77
    VTech wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Chateau Bolleaux?

And this is the real difference. You see it could be lies, it may be written just to wind a few people up but it could be true.
    I could actually be rich or poor, I could be fit or fat.
    Behind a keyboard its hard to tell but there is a simple fact that is plain to verify, of the few forum members whom have met me or dealt with me know the truth. Of course this has no effect on me, as I said earlier, its 3 meats for the tech posse this xmas but again, maybe thats a lie ?

I think you've been drinking too much of the chateauneuf de VTech :lol:

seanoconn
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I hope the 3 meats thing is a lie... turkey and ham is OK, but adding beef is just... well, it's just not natural.
  • From Transits to trans fats ... a lesson to us all ...
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • I heard that the champagne companies were buying up Sussex and Surrey land as some of it is perfect for champers production, and it is getting too warm in Champagne region for the best quality.

Could be bull**** though....
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I heard that the champagne companies were buying up Sussex and Surrey land as some of it is perfect for champers production, and it is getting too warm in Champagne region for the best quality.

Could be bull**** though....

I could think that there is some truth in that although I've not heard it.
    It couldn't be champagne outside of the real region but I am aware of vast landscapes in Sanoma that have been purchased by the french super houses.
    Living MY dream.