GCN cycling kit impressions

2»

Comments

• rollemynot
    rollemynot Posts: 436
    I bought the end of line Belkin kit - FKW for £25.......

Also made by Santini, 6ft 2in with 40" chest XL for bibs and top
  • Rixter
    Rixter Posts: 16
    I've bought 3 GCN Team jerseys. They are fantastic quality but a really snug fit.

I've always wear a large in Castelli (I'm 60Kg /183cm or 140lb/5'11"). I read to upsize by one, typical for Euro sizing so I bought a large Team jersey. Wow it was snug, definite race-cut. Then I found a GCN video that showed some poor guy who wears a medium t-shirt trying to squeeze into a large. That wasn't a pretty sight :shock: and the recommendation on the video was to go with XXL, so I did. Santini swapped it for me. I wear a medium in a t-shirt as well. The XXL was too big though. Bending forward as if I were in the drops, there was too much bunched up material.

I decided to order an XL and sell my XXL (which I'm now doing via Craigslist). The XL fits very similar to a Castelli large, ever so slightly smaller.

It's not an exact science, but I would recommend upsizing by two over what you regular recreational jersey would be :mrgreen:
  • timben83 wrote:
    No experience with the Jersey but santini belkin bib i wear on the trainer is brilliant.

Isn't wearing GCN kit just funding something we find entertaining? With pro team kit i can imagine the percieved level/speed. Id say wear whatever you want but I don't see GCN kit being like team pro kit.

The GCN kit is excellent quality as it is all hand made as is all Santinis kit. I have 3 sets of summer kit for out on the road and I would thoroughly recomend it. Wear what you like, its as already mentioned, its no different to football kit and teams alike.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    edited February 2016
    TheHound wrote:
    Counts as team kit.

If you don't work for them you can't wear it.

Utter, utter bollox.

So you're telling me a) I can't wear what I want and b)I can't wear my Belkin top at £20 in the sales and have to go and buy something Of lesser quality at a greater price.

Sheeeeeeessshh.

Guys/girls: it's your money. Spend it how you want, wear what you want.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • The rules around what to wear when cycling are very simple.

Rule 1. Wear whatever you like.
    /end.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    The rules around what to wear when cycling are very simple.

Rule 1. Wear whatever you like.
    /end.

This x1,000
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.