Compatible Heart Rate Monitor for Cateye

Biomech
Biomech Posts: 158
Hello, I've had/having a look around Google etc at the moment and wondered if anyone here had any input.
I'm considering a heart rate monitor, specifically looking for one that works with a Cateye Strada 2HG computer.

Does anyone have any advice on compatible heart rate monitors - if they have to be Cateye or if others will work etc. A wrist one would be great.

TIA

For reference, this is my computer:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cateye-strada-d ... cadancehr/

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Biomech wrote:
    Hello, I've had/having a look around Google etc at the moment and wondered if anyone here had any input.
    I'm considering a heart rate monitor, specifically looking for one that works with a Cateye Strada 2HG computer.

Does anyone have any advice on compatible heart rate monitors - if they have to be Cateye or if others will work etc. A wrist one would be great.

TIA

For reference, this is my computer:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cateye-strada-d ... cadancehr/

It says it is 2.4ghz protocol however that does not mean it is ANT+ and will talk to ANT+ sensors.
    Polar I think use the same frequency.
    Does the Strada have the ANT+ symbol on the back of it?
    Best is to email Cateye support.
  • Biomech
    It doesn't have ANT+ on it, but I had a mince in the LBS and they had the one from the manual with a torn packet so I bought it on the cheap :) Just trying to set it up now....
  • Biomech
    If anyone has ANY idea how to pair this HR10 to the RD420, I would be most grateful.
    It literally will not work and there are no manuals or guides online to tell you how to get it to work. TIA
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    You have to use Japanese logic... not British... if it anything like trawling thru Cateye menus
    My Stealth uses this flow (it may be similar to your model)
    Press Menu button (on back of unit) and the Mode button until you see Synch
    Hold the Mode button until you see Slct
    Mode button to scroll thru any choices Speed... HR
    Hold the Mode button down for 2 secs.. it maight indeed pair up

The Mode button is the big button on the front of the unit.

good luck on that 1

ps wear the HR.. make sure it is just wetted to make a good contact
  • Biomech

That's pretty much what I did, not working though. I'm going to try a new battery when I find one, just on the off chance that's why the packet was opened.

Logically, I think I'm doing it right;

Menu - "ID" - select HR - hold Mode... it looks like it's scanning, the number field is kind of rotating (with no numbers). But it never finds anything :( I've been walking around with it on - I wanted to find my resting rate while setting up :P