What is your hardest ever workout?

Dippydog3
Dippydog3 Posts: 414
Here's mine. Would have looked neater if I hadn't turned the gizmo on a minute or so before the start.

e4a6ed111e5f7eac109fbc8dda80c59b.jpg

Comments

• janesy
    janesy Posts: 148
    those zones look wrong. are you 80 years old?
    Ritchey Road Logic - Focus Izalco Chrono Max 1.0 TT
  • janesy wrote:
    those zones look wrong. are you 80 years old?
    No. 60. Based on tests, my MHR is 176.
    The bar chart doesn't do it justice. It was between 168 and 173 for the whole period.

Enough about me though.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    49 minutes anaerobic..?? Unlikely....
  • Dippydog3 wrote:
    No. 60. Based on tests, my MHR is 176.
    The bar chart doesn't do it justice. It was between 168 and 173 for the whole period.

:lol:
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • Imposter wrote:
    49 minutes anaerobic..?? Unlikely....
    Yes, clearly the heart rate monitor I wear almost every day decided to work properly on the ride to the event, then during the race to over read, and then work properly all the way home after.

Expert opinion said that it was the excitement of the race. I normally only see heart rates over 170 at the very end of a hill climb effort of several minutes. On the day of this event I was standing in the transition area (team triathlon) waiting for our swimmer. I grabbed the wrist band from him, jogged the 20 metres or so to the mount area, hopped on the bike and then looked down. I hadn't even started to pedal and the rate was 170. It stayed there for the entire ride, then dropped back down when I finished.

It's not really willy waving as TBH it really didn't seem any harder at the tome than training rides with way lower rates.

Sorry, just having some fun trying to ellicit some stories. :o
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Mine's the winner
    tBjY1Kz.jpg
  • Firmly for fun

Here's my hill repeats

AD6.JPG
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • meanredspider - damn impressive!!
  • Firmly for fun

Here's my hill repeats

AD6.JPG
    Makes your eyes water just looking at it!
  • Not sure how Strava classifies those zones but surely almost 50 minutes continuously anaerobic is impossible - that's threshold surely? I only hit anaerobic when doing full on sprints or hill climbs, and that's for minutes at most.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    COMreps_zps252e12ee.png

There's mine - nothing on meanredspider's but I found it hard! The weird kink in the last one is Strava screwing up (I clearly didn't cycle across the valley and back through a river...).
  • Mine's firmly in the shadow of the guy a year older than me doing Ventoux six times in a day (I'm soooo tempted to try it) - but Alpe D'HuZes (6x up the Alpe in a day for Dutch cancer charities) is the hardest day in the saddle I've done by some margin. I'm not a racing snake either - I don't have a typical cyclist physique - so dragging my sorry ass up that hill six times (in temps from 0C to 33C and back to 10C) was hard work.

This from around climb 3 or 4 I guess

AD6Finish.JPG
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Tuesday night at Palace usually for me! Horrid.

I've managed to get an NP of 400w for the hour there a couple of times which while it is a bit of an NP buster, its still a rock hard way to spend an hour.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Mine was the first ride I did after breaking my leg and having a rod fitted. Very nervous and every bump freaking wrecked.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Mine was the first ride I did after breaking my leg and having a rod fitted. Very nervous and every bump freaking wrecked.
    Mine was walking upstairs the first day after the same operation.