Di2 electro-mechanical issues, post here.

2»

Comments

• Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    I have been using it over a year now with no issues.

My only concern is the under BB mounted battery seems venerable to me but has proved fine so far. I take it off to clean it and re-lub the terminals.

A thread with known issues would be very useful as a reference for future use though, so get them listed and list any fixes or tweaks that have been used as well please.

IS it worth updating the firmware to allow multi changes etc, ? has anyone had any issues doing this ?.

I would definitely update the software, with a caveat. If you are using 6770 and may want to upgrade to 11 speed, don't load higher than v2.5.2 onto your bike. If you upload v2.6.0 or higher, your bike's ecu (which is in the 6770 battery holder) won't recognise a 6870 rear mech. If you are using 6870, there is no reason not to use the latest software. There have been no user reports of bugs in any software update.

You can download v2.5.2 here

After updating from v2.0 I noticed a better battery life (not by much but measurable) and obviously the press and hold functions. These are worth it, on their own. I have set mine to move 3 cogs and this gives almost perfect ratio swaps when changing chain rings and being around 2 or 3 at the rear. You press the FD change and press and hold the RD change at the same time. Click... the rings have swapped and your ratio is pretty much the same. This is really nice to use.

I have also programmed my buttons into paddle shift format. I much prefer riding with them like this. The 2 front buttons do the FD and the two rear paddles do the RD. Right for for harder, left for easier.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • Bar Shaker wrote:
    I have been using it over a year now with no issues.

My only concern is the under BB mounted battery seems venerable to me but has proved fine so far. I take it off to clean it and re-lub the terminals.

A thread with known issues would be very useful as a reference for future use though, so get them listed and list any fixes or tweaks that have been used as well please.

IS it worth updating the firmware to allow multi changes etc, ? has anyone had any issues doing this ?.

I would definitely update the software, with a caveat. If you are using 6770 and may want to upgrade to 11 speed, don't load higher than v2.5.2 onto your bike. If you upload v2.6.0 or higher, your bike's ecu (which is in the 6770 battery holder) won't recognise a 6870 rear mech. If you are using 6870, there is no reason not to use the latest software. There have been no user reports of bugs in any software update.

You can download v2.5.2 here

After updating from v2.0 I noticed a better battery life (not by much but measurable) and obviously the press and hold functions. These are worth it, on their own. I have set mine to move 3 cogs and this gives almost perfect ratio swaps when changing chain rings and being around 2 or 3 at the rear. You press the FD change and press and hold the RD change at the same time. Click... the rings have swapped and your ratio is pretty much the same. This is really nice to use.

I have also programmed my buttons into paddle shift format. I much prefer riding with them like this. The 2 front buttons do the FD and the two rear paddles do the RD. Right for for harder, left for easier.

I'm after some easy gears - where do you get them from? :D
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313

I found them on the inside edge of my cassette. They were just a few clicks away, all that time :D
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • Bar Shaker wrote:

I found them on the inside edge of my cassette. They were just a few clicks away, all that time :D

Nope, they're just smaller gear, not easier ones.