Which one to use as a hard hitting HT

Clockworkmark31
Clockworkmark31 Posts: 1,053
edited December 2014 in MTB general
Hi all,

As some of you may know I was recently deprived of my Spesh Rockhopper.

So now only down to one bike Giant Talon 0 650b (2014).

My brother has come up trumps and offering me his Cube Analog 2012 as I have some spare bits for 26" laying around.

One of the bikes is going to be used purely for commuting and town and odd towpaths and the other a full on rebuild.

Was wondering what peoples thoughts were on which frame would be the best option? I had a Cube acid before and loved it. But the giant has I think slacker angles and I'm not sure what frame would be best to start improving on.

Would like peoples thoughts, plan is hard hitting light weight 120mm travel 1x10 or 1x9.

With the cube being a 26er second hand parts could be a bargain?

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Neither is a hard hitting frame. They are both xc frames. Not much in it really
  • Maybe a misleading title, how about an all round XC bike that could take some abuse?

I'm not talking about drops etc but just a bike that could be man handled around somewhere in a fun way.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Either will do, you can use 26 inch wheels in a 650B frame so don't let that stop you, does one frame fit you better than the other?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.