Strava Fitness

FatTed
FatTed Posts: 1,205
Hi does any one know what the fatigue and Fitness numbers mean, what does 80,50, 25 actually represent. At what number does Strava think I am too fatigued? In June I was 59 fitness and 82 Fatigued I am now 24/26 having had 4 months off because of injury.

Comments

• A good question to ask.

http://engineering.strava.com/fitnessfreshness-updates/

I have ho idea how accurate the fitness / freshness / fatigue model is. As you will read, the suffer score is an estimate. There are claims of accuracy based upon three prolific Strava Users. Not sure how a prolific Strava user is defined.

As a snapshot, hopefully another BR forum member will be along who has a PM, Training Peaks or similar, and a premium Strava account and can compare their ATL / TSB with the Strava fitness (ATL) and freshness (TSB) claims. (I think I got that the right way around :lol: )

I'd compare this Strava tool with using virtual power on the likes of http://www.trainerroad.com/. Virtual power is not as accurate as a training tool as measured power. (Alex has made some useful comments on this forum about this). HR is not as accurate as a training tool as a power meter. (Lots of info out there about this). But, in my opinion it all helps.

If you believe the tools you are using are helping you and making it easier to get the job done, then most likely they are.

Naysayers and Luddites welcome!
    Live to ski
    Ski to live
  • I have been using Training Peaks for a year or so and have always found the Performance manage to be useful. There seems to be a reasonable correlation between the two, but I havent done a detailed analysis.

eddcdd7c8b1016205c5d65bd983fe89a.jpg
    811c06eaf1649a5cb2586a744b0fbde4.jpg
  • I believe they're just arbitrary numbers, so only comparable between on point in time and another (i.e. not between people).
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Probably, but they have a fascination even though havent a clue really whats going on..
    this is the freebie GC version..
    2NQl1aE.png
    The only conclusion from this season.. is that if you try a full on 25 tt after a weeks holidaying, it dont work.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Dippy what does 53 for your fitness and fatigue mean are you very tiered half fit or on deaths door, or sleeping on a couch
    does it mean you should do more less training?
    I also have GC which is very pretty.