Wattbike Advice

pechacheli
pechacheli Posts: 184
Does anyone know if you can record and save data from a Wattikeike session?

I have use of one in my gym and need to give my coach my power readings as I don't have a power meter. Is there anyway of doing this?

Thanks I advance

P

Comments

• There are two ways of doing this thst I can think of.

1. Use something like a Garmin 800 or wahtever. It will take the data (power, cadence, speed) direct from the Wattbike. You can then sync to whatever service you like.

2. Plug a computer with USB into the back of the Wattbike computer. This can be done after the ride. The data can then be saved, analysed with Wattbike software or converted to a formst suitsble for other services like Strava.

I had a play with the Wattbike software. Really scientific awesome stuff but probably overkill unless you are a sports scientist. I just record my Wattbike rides with my Garmin.
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    The easiest way is to hook up a laptop which is running Wattbike Expert s/w (free from the Wattbike website) to the WPC head unit. You can either monitor and capture in real-time and/or download the file from your session.

If the Wattbike you use is one of the later B models, there is stuff you can do with ANT+ but that is all dependent on the correct level of firmware being loaded in to the WPC. You can also capture workouts to USB sticks and then download to Expert. Neither of these methods work with an A model WPC.

The files are then exportable to Training Peaks or there is an online converter to make it Garmin compatible.

However, if the Watbike you use is a Freeride, they don't have a power module so there is no power measurement.

Hope that helps.
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • Thank you both for your input. I managed to find out about the USB and it appears to have worked, which is great. I would like to try my Garmin as this is how I get most of data so hopefully I can get that to work as well. Thanks again.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    I'm gonna have a go at this too, didn't realise the watt bikes could broadcast. Its funny my gym has a fleet of them and none of the staff have any clue how to use them. Crazy.