Name stickers on bikes

Comments

• sophidog
    sophidog Posts: 180
    i'm definitely a boy but my new bike will be named Rose..... :D
    Granddaughter has her name on her bike but as she does triathlons i think that's cool; especially as she's only 9. The flag's in front of her name so that seems to be OK too.....
    Road: Rose CDX-3000 Cannondale CAADX 105 2011
    Turbo: Fuji Nevada Mountain Bike(Y2K)
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Capt Slog wrote:
    I have my name on my bike.

This is because it's my bike, I bought it and I like my name on it. I don't care what you do to yours or what you think i should do.

Simple as that. :D

Well, now, calm down. It was a reasonable question. If I'm honest, I can't even properly pronounce the name of the company that made my bike, whereas I mastered saying my name some time ago... :lol:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • I have one, and I wish the 25 or so riders in my Sunday group would get one too, as I can only remember the names of about 5 of them, and nametags would be extremely helpful, and avoid those embarrassing moments of not knowing the name of the guy you've been chatting to for the last 3 years.......
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Could be useful if you don't stay shiny side up and you need identifying :lol:

How about going one step further and having an 'In Case of Emergency' number written on the underside of the down tube :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • arran77 wrote:
    Could be useful if you don't stay shiny side up and you need identifying :lol:

How about going one step further and having an 'In Case of Emergency' number written on the underside of the down tube :wink:

:)

Other than that the answer is very much no!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    windshield-sticker.jpg

Kevin & Shazza winscreen banner anyone? http://www.moneysupermarket.com/car-insurance/blog/10-car-accessories-were-glad-to-see-the-back-of/

Actually, I have a small one with Union Jack & my name on my bike - dont know why but I kinda like it. Small & discrete bit of personalisation. I get why people say they are naff but I am sure we all have our little things that we like which others might not...
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    and avoid those embarrassing moments of not knowing the name of the guy you've been chatting to for the last 3 years.......

I'm sure he would rather be called the wrong name than notice you keep staring at his top tube and squinting :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    So,

best place to order some? To try out if they are cool or W*nk...on the Mrs bike..
  • arran77
    zx6man wrote:
    So,

best place to order some? To try out if they are cool or W*nk...on the Mrs bike..

I think the only source for such a product has already been mentioned :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • I took a photo of my ipad with this thread open but I'm never going to post it on here so the thread never existed and none of you ever wrote anything.
  • I got them as a gift from my kids one Christmas and I've got them on my bike - don't really give a flying fcuk what anybody thinks or says :-)
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,783
    AberdeenAl wrote:
    I got them as a gift from my kids one Christmas and I've got them on my bike - don't really give a flying fcuk what anybody thinks or says :-)
    I think that is wonderful!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    I have got my qualification on mine (hopefully)
  • To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    SecretSam wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    I have my name on my bike.

This is because it's my bike, I bought it and I like my name on it. I don't care what you do to yours or what you think i should do.

Simple as that. :D

Well, now, calm down. It was a reasonable question. If I'm honest, I can't even properly pronounce the name of the company that made my bike, whereas I mastered saying my name some time ago... :lol:

:lol: Sorry, that did come over as a bit aggressive at you the OP which wasn't the intention. it should have read.....

I don't care what anyone does to theirs or what they think I should do.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    SecretSam wrote:

Classy or w*nky???? :twisted:

If your name is W*nker then it would be really classy. Especially the little flag ones.
  • zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    Told the wife about them, she called me a w&nker guess that answers that then...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    My Cannondale MTB has five component manufacturers listed on the seat stay (it came like that).
    Its a bit like when chavs put accessory manufactures names in the rear side window :shock:

I do not think three of them are represented on the bike.
    One of them is Mavic even though the bike had Easton wheels.
    I have recently changed them to Mavics though (It needed extra bling) so thats that sorted
  • How about KOM stickers for the top tube, like wot bombers and fighters used to have in WW2?!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    matthew h wrote:
    Now that really is wanky :lol:
  • arran77
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Especially as it says 'Must try harder' :wink:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Especially as it says 'Must try harder' :wink:

'Should have spent less time on bikeradar'
  • secretsam
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Do you suppose that Wiggins has "Sir Wiggo, Gold medal, World Champion, TdF winner" on his?

In which case, it's a good thing that they didn't have these things around when Mercx rode, he'd have needed an extra top tube to list all his palmares.

• apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    SecretSam wrote:
    Do you suppose that Wiggins has "Sir Wiggo, Gold medal, World Champion, TdF winner" on his?

No, he has "I wish I was as fast as Froomey" on his... :mrgreen:
  • secretsam
    apreading wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:

Apparently Sky have also put one on the upper part of Froomey's top tube. It says "Try looking up occasionally, then you might not fall off"

• pblakeney
    SecretSam wrote:
    apreading wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:

Apparently Sky have also put one on the upper part of Froomey's top tube. It says "Try looking up occasionally, then you might not fall off"
    Shouldn't it be put on his stem?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • tlw1
    PBlakeney wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:
    apreading wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:

Shouldn't it be put on his stem?

Visable on through bi-focals
  • zx6man wrote:
    Told the wife about them, she called me a w&nker guess that answers that then...

What do women know about important matters like these...?
  • pblakeney
    zx6man wrote:
    But what did she think about the stickers?
    Veronese68 wrote: