Double days on the Turbo - Worthwhile?

shockedsoshocked
shockedsoshocked Posts: 4,021
At the moment my job dictates me sitting by the phone all day, which means I'm unable to leave the house a great deal during the day. As you can imagine being sat in is incredibly boring, but means I have potentially plenty of time to get on the turbo and could feasibly do a session on a morning and an afternoon.

Has anyone done this kind of training with decent results? I had a copy of The Black Book for turbo training which I think advocated this type of training but seem to have lost it.

Any advice or guidance appreciated!
"A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    No reason why not. Lots of riders are out twice a day, morning and evening. The trick will be to ride a morning session at an intensity which enables you to recover enough in order to make the second session worthwhile, or vice-versa. No point jumping back on the turbo in the afternoon only to find out you've got nothing left in your legs...
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    Some of the best riders I know get their fitness from commuting - which is typically twice a day

PM me your email if you'd like a copy of the black book
  • Imposter wrote:
    No reason why not. Lots of riders are out twice a day, morning and evening. The trick will be to ride a morning session at an intensity which enables you to recover enough in order to make the second session worthwhile, or vice-versa. No point jumping back on the turbo in the afternoon only to find out you've got nothing left in your legs...

I was thinking maybe a tempo session first thing (85% FTP) then depending on how my legs are feeling a 2x20@FTP on an afternoon. A positive of being at home tho is I can stick my legs up on the sofa and scoff plenty during the day as well!

Pm sent Ju5t1n

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    You can always do TR Disaster.. the only turbo workout that drained my legs for 3 days afterwards.
    http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/74786
  • The profile of that workout made me cry a little bit.

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • iron_duke
    iron_duke Posts: 117
    JGSI wrote:
    You can always do TR Disaster.. the only turbo workout that drained my legs for 3 days afterwards.
    http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/74786

:shock: