Android apps for ANT+ sensors

Sprool
Sprool Posts: 1,022
I'm looking for an app for rollers training in the winter that will let me use the built-in ANT+ sensor of the Samsung Galaxy 5, to give a simple set of graphs for speed/cadence, time, heart rate on screen as I train. Maybe some way of storing and running different training programs to make it a bit more engaging, would be good. Any suggestions? I'm not interested in taking the phone out with me, just to monitor and chart training data in my workshop.

Comments

• Sprool
    No, sorry for not clarifying, these are the apps that do the communicating, the phone comes with most of these already running, I'm after a fitness app that reads , displays and logs the data as you train. Like the heart rate grapher screen but also showing cadence and speed from the wireless sensor on my rear wheel, and capable of managing internal training programs.
    I'm sure there must be apps out there that do this, just after recommendations.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    try iPbike ifpowell.... good app
  • Qube wrote:

From this list you need the ANT Radio Service, and possibly the ANT USB Service as well. That will enable the apps to communicate to your ANT+ devices :D
  • Sprool
    I've got all the ANT+ stuff I need to communicate, (don't need ANT USB) what I lack is the fitness app to be driven by ANT and chart/log the data.
  • Sprool wrote:
    I've got all the ANT+ stuff I need to communicate, (don't need ANT USB) what I lack is the fitness app to be driven by ANT and chart/log the data.

You can tell some answers are supplied by IT Service Desk geeks -- dont read the question just supply the answer whether its right or not.... close call, feck off ;-)
    link to iPBike
    http://www.iforpowell.com/cms/index.php?page=ipbike
    My pen won't write on the screen
  • Sprool
    thanks i'll give that a try, not exactly a slick user interface though is it? :x Never seen such a jumbled mess of fonts, overlaps, panels, worth a try though, it reads my HR strap ok, will test with the cadence/speed sensor.
  • caedev
    caedev Posts: 81
    Turbo Power Cycling allows you to connect your ANT+ Andoid phone to speed and cadence sensors so you can log all your sessions. It also calculates virtual power by using the wheel speed and the known power curve for your trainer.

As an added bonus it also connects to Strava and can upload your turbo sessions direct.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chrisevansdev.turbopower&hl=en_GB
  • Sprool
    thanks, that looks like what I'm after :) also checking out endomondo which is nice for interval training but doesn't look like theses much live data graphing
  • qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    Sprool wrote:

You can tell some answers are supplied by IT Service Desk geeks -- dont read the question just supply the answer whether its right or not.... close call, feck off ;-)
    link to iPBike
    http://www.iforpowell.com/cms/index.php?page=ipbike

:shock: :shock: :shock: