Bird zero - Updated 8th April

2»

Comments

• russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    So bit of an update, I have changed the wheels to a set of Superstars AM Carbon rims. Inflated with a track pump tubeless first time. shaved about 100/150g accordign to the kitchen scales (i have lost my luggage scales) so not huge weight saving, but they look trick and should be slightly stiffer then the raceface turbines. Which by the way were excellent....Lets be honest. I had money burning a hole in my pocket and there was a bloody good offer on! I am very very very close to clicking the order button an an Aeris in stealth black.

Hopefully getting out on her for a blast later today to test the wheels!! WOOHHOOOO!!!

p5pb12097995.jpg
    p5pb12097996.jpg
    p5pb12097997.jpg
    p5pb12098006.jpg
    p5pb12098004.jpg
  • kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    Russyh wrote:
    DirkPitt74 wrote:
    How you getting on with the Zero?
    Really tempted to get one later in the year.

I am starting to really love it now. It climbs really, really well. I wish i had of gone for a slightly larger frame as i have a long upper body. But its still no problem on all day rides. I really struggled to get the rev's set up for me. Just about there now, they feel really good. Had to drop a load of pressure from them and run with a couple more clicks of compression. Also sped up the rebound a click or two and they now feel just about dialled. I have upgraded mine a little now by fitting XT cranks, zee brakes, binned off the horrible charge saddle. I have 780 Raceface atlas bars which are just too wide for me, so will probably swap out for something slightly narrower soon. The finish on the frame is awesome better than bikes i have owned that are 3 times the price. The wheelset is good but the front is out of true again, i may make the switch to Carbon rims in the summer. Its a really light, super strong bike. Great value for money. I have not once got it near its limits, so happy with it really.

What frame size did you go for and how tall are you??
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    I went for medium, I am 5'9. But have a long top body and little legs. In all honesty if i was buying again i would size up and go for large. As i feel even with a 70mm stem a little cramped. But thats a personal preferance