Wiggle nutrition

jimmythecuckoo
jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
edited November 2014 in Training, fitness and health
...seems remarkably cheap and gets pretty good reviews on their site.

The test for me is if BR forumites like it... ?

Comments

• I'm looking at nutrition/recovery powder at the moment and ventured back here to see what the favoured supplements were... ATM its between wiggles own, Torq or Osmo (http://www.wiggle.com/osmo-acute-recove ... -servings/)
  • Tom_Y2K4 wrote:
    I'm looking at nutrition/recovery powder at the moment

dont waist your money
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • ...seems remarkably cheap and gets pretty good reviews on their site.

The test for me is if BR forumites like it... ?

I just got a box of 20, thought I'd try them out.

Quite a pleasant taste, nicer than High 5 I would say. Call it 8/10 against 7/10.

My favourite is still Torq, 9/10, but they're much more pricey. (Save them for special occasions!)
  • Rhod81
    Rhod81 Posts: 116
    They're ok. I find High 5 gels seem a little more "filling". Im sure they do work, but i feel i noticed more of an effect from other brands.

The energy tabs are pretty average. Again, im sure they do something, but after my current batch ill be back to high 5 and Nectar.
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    i have the powder, to be honest its not great, the taste is good but I'm not sure that i can feel any effect while riding. i was hoping it would be ok since so cheap but i think you get what you pay for in all honesty
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,906
    ianbar wrote:
    i have the powder, to be honest its not great, the taste is good but I'm not sure that i can feel any effect while riding. i was hoping it would be ok since so cheap but i think you get what you pay for in all honesty

High5 4-in-1 has 35g of carbs per portion and 9g of protein. Wiggle's has 44g of carbs and 0g of protein.
  • ianbar
    phreak wrote:
    High5 4-in-1 has 35g of carbs per portion and 9g of protein. Wiggle's has 44g of carbs and 0g of protein.

that explains that then! ply sit seems to stain my high 5 bottles which is a bit dubious
    enigma esprit
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    ianbar wrote:
    What effect are you expecting to feel?
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    Someone 'proper' must be making it for them?

Ignore the graphics, a lot of the packaging looks like SIS anyway.

But still for recovery , nothing beats SIS from Tesco in the UK
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • Personally I've found these to be excellent on the bike, and the packaging is biodegradable too!

Banana-Single.jpg

Then my personal choice for hydration is this crazy stuff - pretty easy on the wallet too

water-bottle.jpg?itok=OaLN9ZDG

And for recovery, despite trying most things from the market there's 2 products which I find do the job best;

egg-ruhlman.jpg

bigstock-old-fashioned-pint-glass-bottl-8197569.jpg

And maybe even some more of these!

Banana-Single.jpg

Couldn't resist :wink:
  • ianbar
    lol i like!
    enigma esprit
  • Oh Luke you tease!

To be fair I enjoy milk post ride.
  • sophidog
    sophidog Posts: 180
    there's not much info on the product really, what about this http://www.naturesbest.co.uk/sports/whe ... vour-p353/
    Detailed breakdown of the product, a kilo for £20 and i know this flavour tastes nice. Mixes easily too...
    Road: Rose CDX-3000 Cannondale CAADX 105 2011
    Turbo: Fuji Nevada Mountain Bike(Y2K)
  • CPEX
    CPEX Posts: 11
    Personally I've found these to be excellent on the bike, and the packaging is biodegradable too!

Banana-Single.jpg

Then my personal choice for hydration is this crazy stuff - pretty easy on the wallet too

water-bottle.jpg?itok=OaLN9ZDG

And for recovery, despite trying most things from the market there's 2 products which I find do the job best;

egg-ruhlman.jpg

bigstock-old-fashioned-pint-glass-bottl-8197569.jpg

And maybe even some more of these!

Banana-Single.jpg

Couldn't resist :wink:

Are you Tim Noakes in disguise?