ebola - the last days

2»

Comments

• ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    Why should I be bothered if I'm the only one saying something? Do I need to get a consensus?

I have no fascination with your title. I have a criticism of it which I have conveyed.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Veronese68 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:
    I'm stockpiling baked beans while I still can.

But seeing as I only ever leave the grounds to cycle (solo) I reckon I'm reasonably safe…...

...not when the air born variant comes on stream........ :shock:
    Doesn't matter, it's spread by spiders.
    jimbo_loony.jpg

This is an obvious fake front page of the Mail. Nowhere is there a story about Diana.
  • "This is an obvious fake front page of the Mail. Nowhere is there a story about Diana."

But if you look in the bottom left hand corner she is mentioned :lol:
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Just while we're on with panic and scaremongering, here's a scenario. A group of people, for arguments sake, a group who have a grudge with western governments would it be possible for 20 or so of them to fly to west africa, visit the areas of outbreak, deliberatly infect themselves and as the incubation period is 8/12 days fly back to a western country and wander around densely populated areas? Is that possible? Watching the news this morning and all the stories seem to say we won't be at risk the same as under developed countries because of our health care system. Before proclaiming we have two beds available at the London Free Hospital... I can sleep easier knowing that :|
    Right just off to pick up my daily Mail.. I may be some time :)
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Just while we're on with panic and scaremongering, here's a scenario. A group of people, for arguments sake, a group who have a grudge with western governments would it be possible for 20 or so of them to fly to west africa, visit the areas of outbreak, deliberatly infect themselves and as the incubation period is 8/12 days fly back to a western country and wander around densely populated areas? Is that possible? Watching the news this morning and all the stories seem to say we won't be at risk the same as under developed countries because of our health care system. Before proclaiming we have two beds available at the London Free Hospital... I can sleep easier knowing that :|

Don't be ridiculous :lol: IS have a hoard of giant infectious spiders drifting in a container ship off the coast of Scotland, waiting to be towed in, they can also control the weather, I think they d never ever have considered such a childish plot... well at least up until you suggested it.... :oops:

2 extra beds are plenty, all the other patients will be in Ambulances queuing for ED
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    mamba80 wrote:

Don't be ridiculous :lol: IS have a hoard of giant infectious spiders drifting in a container ship off the coast of Scotland, waiting to be towed in, they can also control the weather, I think they d never ever have considered such a childish plot... well at least up until you suggested it.... :oops:

2 extra beds are plenty, all the other patients will be in Ambulances queuing for ED
    bu99er, they've just shut down our local A&E, now we have to travel 20 miles to queue in a corridor, gonna make getting past them IS spiders even more hazardous :o
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921

you and your big mouth. :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tries.html
  • fat_cat
    fat_cat Posts: 566
    Just checking as it's an hour since anyone posted on this thread., but is there anyone left alive out there.

I've barricaded myself in doors with 50 catering packs of baked beans and 4 crates of lager and I'm sitting it out. Can someone let me know when it's safe to come out.
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    From watching the news last night seems there starting to panic/finally realizing how serious it might become.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/o ... a-symptoms

At least the 70% death rate would make roads less busy for cycling if you are one of the survivors. :roll:
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    The world is a small place, this makes transfer of these types of virus much easier, especially in conditions aircraft where germs etc are spread amongst all passengers in minutes.
    How many times have you flown and felt ill or drawn afterwards ?

Its easy to joke about such matters but its that kind of action that causes the spread to become much wider as people do not tend to take these threats seriously.

Having said that, as an average person, what can you do to stop it ?
    Living MY dream.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Fat Cat wrote:
    I've barricaded myself in doors with 50 catering packs of baked beans and 4 crates of lager and I'm sitting it out. Can someone let me know when it's safe to come out.

Do leave your window open a crack, or at least don't smoke.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Have just returned from Lidl to stock up on tinned food and bottles of water. Shelves are nearly empty. Not seen panick buying like this in my near 50 years. It really could be end of days. My neighbour seemed quite sweaty and the blood trickling from his ears and eyes was a dead give away, so have called the emergency services. I reckon that by next May we could be doomed..................... Bugger! Meant to post this under a new heading of UKIPs first MP.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Won't be too long until they start screening"28 Days Later" as a government information film

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    Veronese68 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:
    I'm stockpiling baked beans while I still can.

But seeing as I only ever leave the grounds to cycle (solo) I reckon I'm reasonably safe…...

...not when the air born variant comes on stream........ :shock:
    Doesn't matter, it's spread by spiders.
    jimbo_loony.jpg

This is an obvious fake front page of the Mail. Nowhere is there a story about Diana.

I love the bit just above the headlines, really good job of satirising the Daily Mail hypocrisy on that sort of thing! Thought Diana was the Express usually?