Astana Suspension

2»

Comments

• sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    from what I've heard of Astana it's two teams in one. The Italian side and the Kazakh side. Seems like this was the Kazakh side that was doing the doping.

With any pro sport unless you monitor people 24\7 how can you stop doping ?

Doing doping tests only in the morning needs to change though
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    sherer wrote:
    from what I've heard of Astana it's two teams in one. The Italian side and the Kazakh side. Seems like this was the Kazakh side that was doing the doping.

Because eyetalians don't dope?

It's a rotten team. Always has been. I don't trust them and never had and although I think Nibs is great and hope (never can be certain) he's clean, his uniform always leaves me wondering.

I won't bother commenting on what I think of Contador's Astana victories
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Timoid. wrote:
    sherer wrote:

Because eyetalians don't dope?

It's a rotten team. Always has been. I don't trust them and never had and although I think Nibs is great and hope (never can be certain) he's clean, his uniform always leaves me wondering.

I won't bother commenting on what I think of Contador's Astana victories

oh boo hoo.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    The MPCC is a bit like the Pirate's Code - more a set of guidelines than rules....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    The MPCC is a bit like the Pirate's Code - more a set of guidelines than rules....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0tC4hKe7X3w

Do Astana have a 'special' word too just like pirates :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Nice to hear what Cookson said today about it being a consideration for a licence. Also think he will target them next year.