13»

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    JLT Condor and Raleigh have been added to the invited teams
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    According to the Guardian, Wiggins will be riding and.....
    'Dame Sarah Storey, Marcel Kittel – who won last year’s opening stage of the Tour de France – and the former England cricketer Matt Prior will also take part.'
    which will be nice
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    inseine wrote:
    'Dame Sarah Storey, Marcel Kittel – who won last year’s opening stage of the Tour de France – and the former England cricketer Matt Prior will also take part.'
    which will be nice

A man memorably described as 'a Dairylea triangle dreaming of being brie'. I've no idea who the bigger wazzock is out of Prior or Pietersen - but I'm willing to bet on who hired the better ghostwriter...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    The provisional startlist:

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... ist-167318

Some decent star names for a 2.1 race

Kittel, Wiggins, S.Sanchez, van Avermaet, Ciolek, Cummings, Pelucchi, Voeckler, Swift, Eisel....
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    I wonder how Wiggo will play this? He will be 100% focussed on his hour record attempt and that sort of thing usually means we'd see Wiggo in full CBA mode in anything not directly related to that goal. However, this is his team......hmm.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Are there time bonuses for each stage which count towards the GC?
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,557
    Daz555 wrote:
    I wonder how Wiggo will play this? He will be 100% focussed on his hour record attempt and that sort of thing usually means we'd see Wiggo in full CBA mode in anything not directly related to that goal. However, this is his team......hmm.

I'm guess it'll be CBA mode... unless he stay at the front to avoid crashes etc. Be a bugger to fall on Yorkshire roads and delay the hour attempt...
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    RonB wrote:

The road book is on Velorooms http://velorooms.com/roadbooks/2015/Yorkshire.pdf. Looks like 3, 2 and 1 seconds for intermediate sprints and 10, 6 and 4 seconds for the stage.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,811
    Damn, we are a day out of luck.
    Saturday has 35 kph crosswinds for Friday's run finishing down the coast
    to Scarborough-sur-Mer. 8)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Mechanism wrote:
    RonB wrote:

The road book is on Velorooms http://velorooms.com/roadbooks/2015/Yorkshire.pdf. Looks like 3, 2 and 1 seconds for intermediate sprints and 10, 6 and 4 seconds for the stage.

Thanks vmuch.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,452
    Looks like they'll be getting more realistic Yorkshire weather after the freak sun drenched affair last summer.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Anyone happen to know offhand how/if it will be on the (terrestrial) TV?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Grantmk
    Grantmk Posts: 39
    ITV4 at 1430
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    inseine wrote:
    which will be nice

A man memorably described as 'a Dairylea triangle dreaming of being brie'. I've no idea who the bigger wazzock is out of Prior or Pietersen - but I'm willing to bet on who hired the better ghostwriter...

Prior took his bike and sky gear on the last Ashes tour, an act that saw The Big Cheese remonikered Full Kit W***er for 3 months. :lol:
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Grantmk wrote:
    ITV4 at 1430

cheers didn't know it were' ont telly
  • ilovegrace
    ilovegrace Posts: 677
    Getting ready to ride over to Robin Hoods bay , live about 20 miles away, weather part cloudy but bright enough , with any luck we will see "Gods" own country in all of its glory again.
    regards
    ILG
  • ilovegrace
    ilovegrace Posts: 677
    Getting ready to ride over to Robin Hoods bay , live about 20 miles away, weather part cloudy but bright enough , with any luck we will see "Gods" own country in all of its glory again.
    regards
    ILG
  • k3vinjam3s
    k3vinjam3s Posts: 266
    I'm riding over to cote de rosedale Abbey. Gonna be a 30 mile hilly ride there and weather looks dry at least. Can't wait.
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    5 in the break: Eddie Dunbar (NFTO), Tom Stewart (Madison), Mark Christian (Wiggins), Loic Chetout (Cofidis) and Rasmus Quaade (Cult). 4'50" the gap.

Check out Quaade's tache:

11033184_10153077073863168_4298187474510935396_n.jpg?oh=9f1842dbc19adecd2ae98872dfc981eb&oe=55C4238D&__gda__=1436003314_5dbaaf184b3f9e94329edcd18b0f93bf
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,284
    Crampeur wrote:
    5 in the break: Eddie Dunbar (NFTO), Tom Stewart (Madison), Mark Christian (Wiggins), Loic Chetout (Cofidis) and Rasmus Quaade (Cult). 4'50" the gap.

Check out Quaade's tache:

11033184_10153077073863168_4298187474510935396_n.jpg?oh=9f1842dbc19adecd2ae98872dfc981eb&oe=55C4238D&__gda__=1436003314_5dbaaf184b3f9e94329edcd18b0f93bf

Quaade is an honorary My Man, for being Danish and having that tache.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Who decided to call this race Le Tour de Yorkshire? It makes me cringe every time.
  • disgruntledgoat
    Milton50 wrote:
    Who decided to call this race Le Tour de Yorkshire? It makes me cringe every time.

Doubtless the sort of gauche arriviste who buys a Dogma and can't fix a puncture, sings football chants at Bradley Wiggins and thinks Rapha the last word in style.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    Milton50 wrote:

Doubtless the sort of gauche arriviste who buys a Dogma and can't fix a puncture, sings football chants at Bradley Wiggins and thinks Rapha the last word in style.

It's not without precedent though - Tour de Pologne equally as naff a name.
  • disgruntledgoat
    Milton50 wrote:

It's not without precedent though - Tour de Pologne equally as naff a name.

Amen. See also the Tour De Georgia. And Etape Du Dales.

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    or Tour de Trump

Much like Lemond....argh god.....OF....eww...Cycling I refuse to use the name properly
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • disgruntledgoat
    ddraver wrote:
    or Tour de Trump

Much like Lemond....argh god.....OF....eww...Cycling I refuse to use the name properly

That was more a pune. Or play on words [/Pratchett]

@gietvangent
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Sacked off work, just watching the ITV coverage.

69km to go.

Kittel appears to have been dropped, race has broken up quite a bit.
  • alan_sherman
    alan_sherman Posts: 1,157
    So much traffic on the road. Moving. The road closure isn't looking good.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Started a spoilers thread as to not annoy anyone on here with spoilers.