The 'I'm calling it now' thread

Comments

• philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    Flanders, with a Geraint Thomas on one step of the podium?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    Proper grimey Roubaix, that splits up before Troisvilles

I hope so. With a proper stiff head/crosswind and the field whittled down to just 3 hard men battling to the last (not including Wiggo).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Watching today I saw the top 5 in the Giro. So I'm calling it. It's done.

Contador, Porte, Aru, Uran and Pozzavivo.

(But maybe not in that order)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    Wiggins ride everyone off his wheel in PR, Pozzo for Giro, G for RVV
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • chadders81
    chadders81 Posts: 744

Are you high on glue?
  • chadders81
    chadders81 Posts: 744
    Proper grimey Roubaix, that splits up before Troisvilles

I hope it's wet. If it is, someone who has got mad bike handling skills will win so Stybar, Sagan or Lars Boom.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Quintana to ride the Giro as 'warm-up' for the Tour, winning both.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • I called it on the classics thread before Strade Bianche, but Sep is looking like he's raced too much
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,715
    I called it on the classics thread before Strade Bianche, but Sep is looking like he's raced too much

You did. Well played.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Wiggins smashes PR, continues out of the velodrome, into the Sunset waving his middle finger at everyone
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Vanmarcke will win none of the big classics, but everyone will still go on and on and on and on about him.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    I'm calling it now: Paris Roubaix will be won by a rider outside of the top 5 in the betting. Someone who's been there or thereabouts but under the radar. Someone like a Langeveld or a Haussler.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,566
    ddraver wrote:
    Wiggins smashes PR, continues out of the velodrome, into the Sunset waving his middle finger at everyone

Nah, he's going to keep lapping the track for an hour after finishing and break the Hour Record too before doing the middle finger thing.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Milton50 wrote:
    I'm calling it now: Paris Roubaix will be won by a rider outside of the top 5 in the betting. Someone who's been there or thereabouts but under the radar. Someone like a Langeveld or a Haussler.

I got on Demare at 34.00 antepost. Was a mug bet in support of Team My Man, but I expect the winner to be somewhere around about that level.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy
    Pross wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Nah, he's going to keep lapping the track for an hour after finishing and break the Hour Record too before doing the middle finger thing.

Would that be a valid record if done on the Roubaix velodrome?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    The_Boy wrote:
    Milton50 wrote:

I got on Demare at 34.00 antepost. Was a mug bet in support of Team My Man, but I expect the winner to be somewhere around about that level.

I put an each way bet on Langeveld at 100/1. I'm very unlikely to see that money again but on the plus side, if he does win, I can lord it over all of you for the next couple of years.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    Chadders81 wrote:

Are you high on glue?

No, all in top 5 betting wise
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • The_Boy
    Milton50 wrote:
    The_Boy wrote:
    Milton50 wrote:

I put an each way bet on Langeveld at 100/1. I'm very unlikely to see that money again but on the plus side, if he does win, I can lord it over all of you for the next couple of years.

One betting office I used to work in, there was a regular punter who I swear used to back long priced outsiders just so he could do that when they came in. He was insufferable.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Milton50 wrote:
    'My man' defined.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • LeePaton
    LeePaton Posts: 353
    Geraint Thomas world champion...

If he's backed...

and it's made into a tough race...

and all sprinter types are dropped..
    It's not so much about winning, I just hate losing.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    FrenchFighter is Oleg Tinkov.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,327
    G for Flanders and Wiggins for P-R. Complete Sky domination, the two of them reliving their track days together.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • The_Boy
    G for Flanders and Wiggins for P-R. Complete Sky domination, the two of them reliving their track days together.

That would surely see G finishing second because Wiggins couldn't be arsed/had a hangover, wouldn't it?

*scarpers*

*scarpers some more*

*keeps running*
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    The_Boy wrote:

That would surely see G finishing second because Wiggins couldn't be arsed/had a hangover, wouldn't it?

*scarpers*

*scarpers some more*

*keeps running*

1307032252_atomic_bomb_mushroom_cloud_explosion.gif
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • pinno
    The_Boy wrote:

*scarpers*

*scarpers some more*

*keeps running*

That has a certain logic to it. One particular member from Manchester babbles all sorts of rubbish with little or no logic and has no intention of running away. So stay, I say.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy wrote:

*scarpers*

*scarpers some more*

*keeps running*

One particular member from Manchester babbles all sorts of rubbish with little or no logic

*Sneaks back in*

*Dons fire retardant suit*

Brailsford posts here? Wow.

*Runs for the hills*
  • pinno
    @ The_boy. Stop running and cycle.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,566
    My prediction is that Luke Rowe will win a Classic within 5 seasons (including this one).
  • The_Boy
    @ The_boy. Stop running and cycle.

Good point.
  • Florian Senechal will be in the break at Paris Roubaix