Home made rocket fuel aka energy bar

BLW
BLW Posts: 96
edited September 2014 in Training, fitness and health
Well I had a go at making some and I'm surprised to say not only did it taste great (which is saying something as I'm no domestic goddess in the kitchen) but it did the job, a 100 mile job!

Aldi do a fabulous muesli, a tropical one in a small orange box with the dry fruit in, mix a quarter of that in with a few packets of ready break (the individual serving ones) but first melt some butter (I used proactive spreadable) along with a quarter jar of peanut butter, big dollop of honey, big dollop of treacle, couple of spoons of brown sugar then mix your dry ingredients in so it's a tacky consistancy, then spoon into a non stick flat baking tin and let it set in the fridge.

So quick n easy too, have a go if you've not tried making your own :)

Comments

• Or if you want to live longer try this.

20d623548c285eca2b16d1a4f06f60aa.jpg
  • BLW
    BLW Posts: 96
    Yes indeed that's much healthier!

I just had to make do with what I had in the cupboards on Saturday but thanks for the recipe, I'll give it a whirl. :)
  • BLW wrote:

I just had to make do with what I had in the cupboards on Saturday but thanks for the recipe, I'll give it a whirl. :)
    It seems to work fine with any dried fruit or nuts, as long as you keep the proportions. Enjoy.

I make loads, cut it into pieces and put it in the freezer. Just pop one, wrapped in foil, in your jersey pocket. By the time you need it it will have defrosted.
  • Dippydog3 wrote:
    BLW wrote:

It seems to work fine with any dried fruit or nuts, as long as you keep the proportions. Enjoy.

I make loads, cut it into pieces and put it in the freezer. Just pop one, wrapped in foil, in your jersey pocket. By the time you need it it will have defrosted.
    I do the same, except I also use it as a snack at home and for my "sweetness fix" in my packed lunch (in fact, I'm just about to have one now). I really like the "just from the freezer" frozen-ness of the nuts. Healthy Snickers bar.