Can U2 Be Reported....

Pross
Pross Posts: 40,553
edited October 2014 in The bottom bracket
To the United Nations for crimes against humanity? I understand that there are weird people out there who like to inflict pain on themselves but listening innocently to your music on iTunes only to be subjected to white noise from Bonio and his tax dodging mates that you didn't download, don't want and can't get rid of should surely mean the perpetrators should be put to death? :evil:

Comments

• mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Not a fan? You're not wrong they were 5h1t in the 80's.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    And ever since. Bono's a prancing dick'ead.
  • I now have one album on my iphone... Which is odd as i've never connected it to itunes or even had an itunes account.

I though U2 were pretty good at Live Aid, then they went downhill. As they say, What's the difference between Bono and Jesus...? Jesus doesn't walk around Dublin thinking he's Bono.

That's a joke btw. :?
  • Its a conspiracy theory to smoke out iPhone users
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Borderline a trojan isn't it..
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    As they say, What's the difference between Bono and Jesus...? Jesus doesn't walk around Dublin thinking he's Bono.

not sure it is!
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    I just had a quick browse through the album, hoping there'd be some good tracks, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for.
  • tlw1
    RDW wrote:
    I just had a quick browse through the album, hoping there'd be some good tracks, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

try it tomorrow, because remember today is Sunday, bloody Sunday
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    matthew h wrote:
    As they say, What's the difference between Bono and Jesus...? Jesus doesn't walk around Dublin thinking he's Bono.

not sure it is!

2rfzfwz.jpg
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    as I'm coming on here for light relief as a break from studying - I will let you decide :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    I'd say that whilst it is supposed to be a joke, Mr H may be correct in that Bonio probably believes it to be the truth.
    Bonio, how doe he keep so many conflicting ideas in one tiny mind?
  • Conflicting ideas such as the charity gig he went too years ago and forgot his hat so paid for a 1st class ticket for the hat. Sure it didn't make for a better concert but he perhaps should have just donated the cost of the plane ticket to the charity instead.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Pross
    Conflicting ideas such as the charity gig he went too years ago and forgot his hat so paid for a 1st class ticket for the hat. Sure it didn't make for a better concert but he perhaps should have just donated the cost of the plane ticket to the charity instead.

There should be a picture of him in the OED as the definition of hypocrisy.

This whole thing doesn't bother me too much but surely there is some breech of privacy or something with this? The fact it can't be simply deleted if you don't want it (99.999% of people who have been sent it and 100% of people with musical taste) is just wrong. I think it could be a bad move by Apple as well.
  • Pross wrote:

This whole thing doesn't bother me too much but surely there is some breech of privacy or something with this? The fact it can't be simply deleted if you don't want it (99.999% of people who have been sent it and 100% of people with musical taste) is just wrong. I think it could be a bad move by Apple as well.

Been an IPhone owner from the start and it doesn't really bother me & as my agreement is with Apple & Itunes and it's taking up phone space but I could get that with the operating system software (no different on other phones).

The interesting thing is why and where does this lead too, how many more albums are Apple thinking of adding to people's phones
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Not sure what folks are getting excited about.

Got an iPhone, iPad & Macbook and none of them have U2 downloaded or even showing in 'purchased' in the music app or iTunes.

Given that ordinarily a purchase on one automatically downloads to all the others I have no idea if it's just luck or sensible settings.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • Pross
    type:epyt wrote:
    Not sure what folks are getting excited about.

Got an iPhone, iPad & Macbook and none of them have U2 downloaded or even showing in 'purchased' in the music app or iTunes.

Given that ordinarily a purchase on one automatically downloads to all the others I have no idea if it's just luck or sensible settings.

It seems to depend on whether you have 'show all music' checked in your settings. It will be there waiting though, you'll unsuspectingly be listening to your tunes on shuffle and the next thing you know your ear drums will be getting tortured by the 'dulcet' tone of an ageing Irishman who thinks he's still cool when in truth he wasn't even cool in 1985. Track it down and kill it before you become a victim - imagine what could happen if you are driving and it unexpectedly comes on over your car stereo. You might instinctively raise your hands to cover your ears and crash into a bus load of children!!
  • Serves you all right for having iphones and the like :-D

I have not been subjected to the torture.
  • They were OK in the eighties... I guess after "pride in the name of love" it's all gone downhill, yet their career has gone from strength to strength... grossly overestimated. Once they passed the Irish phase, they really had fucxall to say
    left the forum March 2023
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Serves you all right for having iphones and the like :-D

I have not been subjected to the torture.

Just what I was going to say! This is what happens when you buy into a closed platform like Apple.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Pross
    I won't repeat the mistake :wink:
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Not entirely sure giving a free U2 album to iPhone owners is particularly on brand. 95% of people think they're shite, and they are hardly cool and at the cutting edge.

Blooper!

I now have two albums on iTunes (one is a Xmas hits album I bought for Xmas day a few years ago for my son. And the other one is just crap)
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Apple have created a U2 album removal tool http://itunes.com/soi-remove
  • Sometimes a First World Problems meme just doesn't cover it....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • They should've retired years ago. Boner embarrasses himself, and the rest just aren't that talented. A couple of decent songs doesn't make a decent career by any means.
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    I think Bill Bailey's assessment of U2's musical talent pretty much sums it up.
  • Pross
    Sometimes a First World Problems meme just doesn't cover it....

You think inflicting pain on people is a first world problem? My ears have only just recovered and my shock at hearing terrible 'music' coming from my otherwise excellent music selection could have been fatal! :shock:
  • Of course, U2 do have history of this...

lead.png?nc2i6x
  • Pross
    That's why the cassette died out!
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    What's U2? Is it a submarine? Does it torpedo iPhones?
  • dodgy wrote:
    Apple have created a U2 album removal tool http://itunes.com/soi-remove

This one solves 2 problems

maxresdefault.jpg