GP Quebec/GP Montreal ***Spoilers***

2»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,661
    RichN95 wrote:
    I don't hate Gerrans but I really hope he isn't in rainbow stripes next year. In saying that he can't do much less than Costa or any worse than Gilbert!
    Costa has had a good season. He's sixth on the World Tour rankings.

I'm surprised at that, I can see where mulletmaster is coming from as it does feel like he hasn't done much yet from a quick recap he won TdS and got a podium at Romandie, P-N and Algarve. Incidentally only 26th on CQ rankings though.
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    I watched both of these on Youtube after my ITV4 coverage of the Vuelta screwed up last night (didn't miss much there for sure). I think a year or 3 back I watched both of these on ES or RAI and remember them being pretty exciting but for these pair this year the last few K's of both were not thrillers - however, what is the hate being loaded on the winner when he has done the exact job that he is paid to do ?
    The team puts him as their prime protected rider for the races so expend a load of energy in shaping the race so that he can utilise his strength, ie big kick at the end of a tough race with a fractured peloton.
    Rider comes through and delivers.
    That the heck is this sort of nonsense and bile "... Scourge on good racing. Pretty sure he has no fans on the Continent.", nah Boonen never won bunch kicks, there's never been any successful sprinters from, say, Italy (Cipollini ?)
    Try to influence the shape of the race so that you can use the aspect of your riding that few other riders have - Gerrans did that. Perfect race for him and OGE.
    Same as the deity that is Cancellara does : few riders can sit on the wheel of an ex-TT champ over a cobbled road so that's what he does and his team will help shape the race so that his skill is enabled.
    Other teams should have had sufficiently strong squads to enable their own race-plans to be carried out but for whatever reasons they failed on that score.

(I am not a Gerrans fan but am no hater either) - don't bring cycling down to the level of football where any player in an opposing team is hated for being good or being bad.