tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
edited September 2014 in Pro race
Gerrans wins Quebec

Montreal next on Sunday

Grand-Prix-Cycliste-de-Montreal-1410443321.png
Grand-Prix-Cycliste-de-Montreal-1410443326.png

Nice start list

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Gra ... -Startlist
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    A magnificent 30km solo attack by Gerrans*

1. Gerrans
    2. T Dumoulin
    3. Navardauskas
    4. Impey
    5. Van Avermaet

*Not really, he won from a bunch sprint of about 30.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    I know Gerrans doesn't get much love on this forum but he does combine good racecraft with an impressive kick.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Pathetically good race.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Happy days, my road.cc team of 9 riders came 1,2,3,5 and 9th.

Won me a new pump I think.
  • What a sh*t result.
    ThomThom wrote:
    Pathetically good race.

What does this even mean?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    What a sh*t result.
    ThomThom wrote:
    Pathetically good race.

What does this even mean?

Did you watch it?

Good race, great great ride by Gerrans
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • No. The reports I've read indicate nothing other than having a late mechanical then sprinting the last 100m. I have yet to see a great ride by him by my standards. I will watch it when I have time. What do you think he did that was 'great great'?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Thread edited with some Montreal stuff added.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Eurosport Sunday

15:30

Cycling

Live Cycling: Tour of Britain - Stage 8: London - London (88.8km) (165min)

18:15

Cycling

Live Cycling: Vuelta a Espana - Stage 21: Santiago de Compostela - Santiago de Compostela (9.7km ITT) (120min)

20:15

Cycling

Live Cycling: Montreal Grand Prix - Montreal Grand Prix (75min)
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    No. The reports I've read indicate nothing other than having a late mechanical then sprinting the last 100m. I have yet to see a great ride by him by my standards. I will watch it when I have time. What do you think he did that was 'great great'?

Blimey. Your list of 'my men' doesn't include Wiggo, Froome or Gerrans. Anyone else?
  • No. The reports I've read indicate nothing other than having a late mechanical then sprinting the last 100m. I have yet to see a great ride by him by my standards. I will watch it when I have time. What do you think he did that was 'great great'?

Just watched the last 5km. He did nothing until the last sprint. What am I missing? Did he go on a big attack earlier and split the bunch to pieces?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    No. The reports I've read indicate nothing other than having a late mechanical then sprinting the last 100m. I have yet to see a great ride by him by my standards. I will watch it when I have time. What do you think he did that was 'great great'?

Just watched the last 5km. He did nothing until the last sprint. What am I missing? Did he go on a big attack earlier and split the bunch to pieces?

bit like your man with Froome the other day, let someone do all the hard work and then attacked in the last k
  • thomthom

When did I write "Pathetically good race by Gerrans"?
  • I have neither said that or even quoted you in this regard. Just wondering how a good race can pathetically so?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    Yawn.
  • Odd response. It is a genuine question as I have never heard it said before. Oh well if it makes it makes you happy that's fine.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Massive break away - gap was almost 10 mins but down to under 7 now. 7 laps to go.
  • Riders in break: Roth, Polanc, Jeannesson & Vervaeke
  • RichN95.
    Gerrans wins again. Sprinting off a proper lead out train. No-one even close. Costa second I think.

He's got to be the big favourite for the Worlds.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Textbook from OGE, no contest. Not the most entertaining race...
  • BxhT2VtIEAEe4J1.jpg:large
  • What a disaster. This bloody ugly Aussie cant keep winning or the youngsters will assume wheel sucking is the way to go. Scourge on good racing. Pretty sure he has no fans on the Continent.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    What a disaster. This bloody ugly Aussie cant keep winning or the youngsters will assume wheel sucking is the way to go. Scourge on good racing. Pretty sure he has no fans on the Continent.
    But on the other hand he's probably the best reader of a race currently racing.
  • Cillian Kelly ‏@irishpeloton · 2h
    If Simon Gerrans isn't Dave Brailsford's biggest regret, he bloody should be.
  • RichN95.
    Cillian Kelly ‏@irishpeloton · 2h
    If Simon Gerrans isn't Dave Brailsford's biggest regret, he bloody should be.
    But Gerrans was always going to go to Orica. There wasn't much he could do about it.
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    edited September 2014
    Brailsford would have turned him into the 2nd rider in the mountain train and we'd never have seen these wins.

What's wrong with using your head (and your opponents) to win? It's not testing is it?
  • I don't hate Gerrans but I really hope he isn't in rainbow stripes next year. In saying that he can't do much less than Costa or any worse than Gilbert!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    What a disaster. This bloody ugly Aussie cant keep winning or the youngsters will assume wheel sucking is the way to go. Scourge on good racing. Pretty sure he has no fans on the Continent.

And yet Valverde, who rides in an almost identical manner, is one of 'your men' :?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Gerrans ability to time his jump perfectly is amazing.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    I don't hate Gerrans but I really hope he isn't in rainbow stripes next year. In saying that he can't do much less than Costa or any worse than Gilbert!
    Costa has had a good season. He's sixth on the World Tour rankings.