19_perfil.png

Comments

• davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,042
    A little something I photoshopped up this morning

contador.jpg
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • V nice but it if he wins this stage I'll eat my shoe.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    davidof wrote:

contador.jpg
    You are now Frenchie's favourite forum member
  • Wasn't aware Bertie suffered from Eczema.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,816
    edited September 2014
    adr82 wrote:
    davidof wrote:

contador.jpg
    You are now Frenchie's favourite forum member

You can clearly see from this, not only does have scars on his broken leg, but some serious damage to his left knee.
    Only a true champion could fire his little gun salute, with all these injuries. :wink:

Now the bad news. This was one of those silly Vuelta super steep crawls, but................
    "Due to bad road conditions, the Vuelta organizers have decided to take out the last 2 km of Alto Monte Faro. This was by far the steepest part of the climb."

So, it's down to 4.7kms at 8.4% which I surmise given where it sits in the stage, is not enough of and obstacle to entice the GC boys into action.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    So, it's down to 4.7kms at 8.4% which I surmise given where it sits in the stage, is not enough of and obstacle to entice the GC boys into action.
    I doubt it would have been anyway. It's bad for Valverde though. More people will make it over in the front group to challenge him for the bonus seconds (and points)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    It's this setting a precedent before they cut 10k off tomorrows finishing climb to make sure froome doesn't go wild and crush the Spaniards?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Hows this yawnfest going? The Tour of Britain stage was mega. :D
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Sky rider down hard. Lutsenko 15s ahead after a crazy descent. LLS catching desperately.
  • Anonymous
    14s with 10k remaining.
  • Anonymous
    Giant doing all the work, drilling it for Delkongolb
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Everyman, Adam Hansen wins? Outstanding. :D

BxV9geBCcAEzSBh.jpg
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Wish they would update on the sky guy, cataldo i think... Did not look good
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Wish they would update on the sky guy, cataldo i think... Did not look good
    Hopefully not too bad: https://twitter.com/TeamSky/status/510453357736394752
  • Anonymous
    He finished the stage so presume nothing too serious
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Phew... And trying to finish the stage. These cyclists are tough
  • Adam Hansen denies the German, thank goodness. Popular victory. Congratulations. For the record Hansen is not one of my men.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • C'mon FF how can anybody who finishes 10 GTs back to back and wins a stage solo at the end of the 10th not be your man?
    He's everybodies man, the embodiment of a true heavyweight PRO, working diligently. No mucking around, tantrums, crashes DNFs, man's a legend IMO.
  • He's everybodies man, the embodiment of a true heavyweight PRO, working diligently. No mucking around, tantrums, crashes DNFs, man's a legend IMO.

IIRC Cavendish writes in At Speed that he didn't want Hansen included in the HTC Tour squad as he was jittery in the peleton and crashed a lot. he was included and crashed out.

(It may have been someone else)
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Oul Cav himself is no stranger to the tarmac and has DNF'ed a fair few races due to this!
    It's got to be hard to finish at least 200 consecutive GT stages if you are ropey and prone to falling off. He may have learned since the HTC days however.
  • Mulletmaster, I respect Hansen a lot and think he is a model professional, a solid rider (surprisingly good at climbing), willing to attack often and a proper nice guy.

TWH, yes this is correct. He has said that one of the reasons he is on the attack so often is because he is uncomfortable with the bunch riding.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Great win by Hansen, if I had men he would be one of them.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    thegibdog wrote:

Same here. In all sports I like people who more than make up for not being the most talented by being incredibly hard working and prepared to take risks.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Cataldo won't start tomorrow. Nothing too serious, just precautionary.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Pross wrote:
    thegibdog wrote:

Same here. In all sports I like people who more than make up for not being the most talented by being incredibly hard working and prepared to take risks.

Absolutely right. Top work ethic and an obvious joy in riding a bike for a living. He's a great antidote to professional cynics: Zoncolan magic.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • tonyf34
    tonyf34 Posts: 194
    RichN95 wrote:
    Classic noob mistake though, no idea how to brake properly, locking up and coming a cropper. he had bags of space to take that corner even at the cruddy angle he approached it at but panicked and grabbed waay too much and then he had no chance when he could have just skirted the edges of the road. Luckily Contador had no problem braking/steering and avoiding him, no fan of Bertie's but at least he can handle a bike ok
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    tonyf34 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Classic noob mistake though, no idea how to brake properly, locking up and coming a cropper. he had bags of space to take that corner even at the cruddy angle he approached it at but panicked and grabbed waay too much and then he had no chance when he could have just skirted the edges of the road. Luckily Contador had no problem braking/steering and avoiding him, no fan of Bertie's but at least he can handle a bike ok
    You seem to have a different view of the incident than Contador who, you know, was there. Or maybe Contador realises that there's nothing to be gained by bad mouthing someone who has just had a bad crash?

Glad to hear that Cataldo won't be starting today, he shouldn't have been allowed to carry on and finish the stage yesterday given he had taken a knock to the head and didn't know where he was.
  • Youtube 'Contador save'. Its 20 secs long.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thegibdog wrote:
    tonyf34 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    You seem to have a different view of the incident than Contador who, you know, was there. Or maybe Contador realises that there's nothing to be gained by bad mouthing someone who has just had a bad crash?

Glad to hear that Cataldo won't be starting today, he shouldn't have been allowed to carry on and finish the stage yesterday given he had taken a knock to the head and didn't know where he was.

+1 Cataldo does alright for someone with "no idea how to brake"
  • Youtube 'Contador save'. Its 20 secs long.

Woah! It's a good job he did 'save' himself - he was going face first into that pillar/post at a right old speed!