Components for a winter bike....

2»

Comments

• J90
    J90 Posts: 46
    Stueys wrote:
    J90 wrote:
    Thanks for the replies everyone. We do live in the UK, it likes to rain here, so I'd guess a lot of people like to have a decent winter bike instead of a junker as it will be used more than the best bike realistically. I'm not about to go out and buy a SRAM Red groupset for it, but it's got to be at least 105/Rival standard.

What are people's experiences with carbon bars for any added comfort? After researching a lot, it seems to be very even, some people can notice the difference, some can't. Just marketing BS?

I already have a carbon fork, which I think will make the bigger difference.

Re carbon bar, I've an enve carbon bar on my R5, can't tell any difference between that and the Alu bars I've had. Plus if you ever crash you need to swap the bar, I wouldn't put one on a winter bike. Personally my winter bike runs Alu frame, carbon fork and rival 22 (normally a shim man but i like double tap with gloves). For a bike that's getting ridden through muck and poor grip conditions I think that's the right level of kit. Plus you really appreciate the best bike when the sun comes.....

Yeah, that's one thing that was bothering me about having carbon bars. My bike will have similar components to yours, I'd agree that's about the right level.