2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen
  • A very enjoyable battle up that final climb.
    The Spaniards manage to royally screw eachother over.
    Allowing Aru bitch slaps the best GT riders in the world again.

Meanwhile, Froome overtakes Piti for the podium and takes a fair bite out of Bertie's lead.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    If only Chris could get under that 1 minute mark.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Aru 'supports' the 3rd week extremely well. Fine win. Great kitchen-sink stuff from Froome. Can Astana drop a Garmin somewhere?
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Near the end of that climb it finally dawned on Contador that trying to get Valverde to chase is as futile as trying to teach a pig calculus.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Macaloon wrote:
    Aru 'supports' the 3rd week extremely well. Fine win. Great kitchen-sink stuff from Froome. Can Astana drop a Garmin somewhere?

Why? has their bus broken down? :wink:
  • RichN95.
    ThomThom wrote:
    If only Chris could get under that 1 minute mark.
    Just like in 2011 he is sitting in second place wishing he could have another crack at the time trial (the shambolic team time trial back then)
  • thomthom
    We are all Froome fans now.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I think contador hit the ground running whereas froome has had to build his form during the race which was always going to be a disadvantage. Stage 16 would have been a little different froome had the advantage and could have kicked in the final km. two giants of the sport head to head... Awesome! Isuspect that froome is mentally tougher
  • BxQ0UcKIIAE7BmJ.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Macaloon
    Possibly the last GT with the Union Jack on GC.

Any prospects for a Aru, J-Rod alliance to unseat Valverde, bringing Dauphiné class chaos ? Neither are risking a top 5 on GC.
  • RichN95.
    Macaloon wrote:
    Possibly the last GT with the Union Jack on GC.
    Why? Is he becoming Kenyan again?

Edit: Oh! Scotland! Whoosh!
  • BxREVZhIQAAvlP0.jpg

Oleg Tinkov ‏@olegtinkov · 3m
    Exited to stay in the same #Vuelta hotel with @chrisfroome and @TeamSky .I hope they won't poisoning me tonight :-)
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • BxREVZhIQAAvlP0.jpg

Exited to stay in the same #Vuelta hotel with @chrisfroome and @TeamSky .I hope they won't poisoning me tonight :-)

Did they show him the door already? :wink:
  • BxREVZhIQAAvlP0.jpg

@chrisfroome:
    Just had a crazy Russian guy who smelt like vodka corner me for a selfie as I was walking in to the hotel.... #fanboys  @olegtinkov
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Near the end of that climb it finally dawned on Contador that trying to get Valverde to chase is as futile as trying to teach a pig calculus.

As I was watching those true champions try to wheel suck eachother, while Froome rode off into
    the distance, I was stuck with how that definition has changed in recent years. :wink:
  • My boy wins. Second win in his 2nd GT of the year, what a boss. Dan Martin in 6th is impressive all things considered.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    My boy wins. Second win in his 2nd GT of the year, what a boss. Dan Martin in 6th is impressive all things considered.

Again? Your boy won again. Fantastic.

Just out of interest, who isn't your boy/man?
  • Why don't you pick a few favourites. It makes viewing more interesting.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Just watched this and wow that was exciting, hoping for more fun tomorrow now.

Good to see the timing of the attack and using the 3 other unwillingness to work to full advantage, think Froome lost a few bonus seconds there but well worth it.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • MTN running out of time to show they are worthy of their wildcard. Massively disappointing imo.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Got to love Aru's bravery, leaves it all on the road.

Froome also full of 'dig' but sadly shy of form on that TT.

The Three Amigos haven't worked out that only 2 of them have the legs (AC & AV) and continue to p!ss about.

I wonder where Horner would fit into this given the TT was a lumpy effort.

Two decent days left, we'll know by tomorrow if Saturday is gonna be exciting.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • Why don't you pick a few favourites. It makes viewing more interesting.

I think you would find having no favourites actually makes the whole sport more interesting.
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Why don't you pick a few favourites. It makes viewing more interesting.

Do you have children? Do you live your life vicariously through them too?

Good race btw. Big task for Froome, but he could still do it. FF, good to hear "your boy" say how intelligently Froome is riding.
  • RichN95.
    I like Aru mainly because it amuses me that Astana are lead by someone who looks a bit like Borat.
  • thomthom
    RichN95 wrote:
    I like Aru mainly because it amuses me that Astana are lead by someone who looks a bit like Borat.

"Vaddy nice!"
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCowuxgG4bpfpemsQw3xhZRD01OuemtMRWYxBQyi4Of4nkkpKR
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,095
    Saturday will be a must watch (rubbing hands). Unless there is a few seconds in it after that stage, Sunday's too short a TT will be have no impact. Strange idea to have a 9.7km TT on the final day. Could be potentially windswept.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    I like how Aru is never going to die wondering but damn is he ugly.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Saturday will be a must watch (rubbing hands). Unless there is a few seconds in it after that stage, Sunday's too short a TT will be have no impact. Strange idea to have a 9.7km TT on the final day. Could be potentially windswept.

Even if Froome is still flying on Sunday I ca't see him taking much more than 10 secs out of Contador. That would be an amazing finalé though.
    Saturday i'll be cycling, so no tele :?
  • Macaloon
    Absolutely love this band.

ORICA-GreenEDGE ‏@ORICA_GreenEDGE 11m
    #LaVuelta: Pre-race fun with kids from Cra A Lagoa school who visited the team bus to perform ACDC for us! #OGErocks

BxU5c3vCQAA_s81.jpg