Vuelta 2014 Stage 13 *SPOILERS*

2»

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited September 2014
    He is not one of my men
    Just for fun I did a quick search on the forum and this is the list of riders who you have so far officially given the title 'My Man'.

Contador, Quintana, Slagter, Nibali, Machado, Chaves, Kwiatkowski, Valverde, Thomas, Aru, Alaphilippe, Gilbert, Majka, Cavendish, D.Martin, Voeckler, Cancellara and Rodriguez

I remember you used to have them listed in a sig line, so there will be more.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    r0bh wrote:
    Daniel @LVCKV
    Good time to note that Navarro still works with banned trainer Pepe Marti #LaVuelta
    How is that allowed? I assume the media will ask questions and make a big fuss. This is a bit more than an inhaler.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    r0bh wrote:
    Daniel @LVCKV
    Good time to note that Navarro still works with banned trainer Pepe Marti #LaVuelta

If that's true then he's an idiot at the very best; the worst scenario doesn't need spelling out
  • r0bh wrote:
    Daniel @LVCKV

So, that's a tick in the other box for qualification required to be called up to Frenchie's "My Man" team, then. :)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • First time I've seen Confidis win a stage.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    He is not one of my men
    Just for fun I did a quick search on the forum and this is the list of riders who you have so far officially given the title 'My Man'.

Contador, Quintana, Slagter, Nibali, Machado, Chaves, Kwiatkowski, Valverde, Thomas, Aru, Alaphilippe, Gilbert, Majka, Cavendish, D.Martin, Voeckler, Cancellara and Rodriguez

I remember you used to have them listed in a sig line, so there will be more.

Haha nice. Some serious talent in that group.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    Rather surprised I didn't hear Mr Kelly utter the telling (and condemnatory) "unbelievable".
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Can't help feeling FDJ are mad to have let the incredibly talented Bouhanni go. Demare, whilst I like him a lot is not Bouhanni. Expect much more from this man. Talent, like Rojas but much better.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Like Lou Reed, FF is always waiting for (his next) 'My Man'.

He's already got more men than Grindr, which I think is just greedy.

I'm not sure that he can have both Bertie and Navarro on a technicality: they share the same teeth...
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Like Lou Reed, FF is always waiting for (his next) 'My Man'.

He's already got more men than Grindr, which I think is just greedy.

Two arms; one banner.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    meagain wrote:
    Rather surprised I didn't hear Mr Kelly utter the telling (and condemnatory) "unbelievable".

And he, of all people, would know.

Interesting intro by Imlach for Julich, who is replacing Jens for expert commentary on ITV4 for the remainder of the Vuelta; along the lines of the old song "I'm (he's) coming home, I've done my time, and I've got to know what is and isn't mine." Just wonder what Julich is going to say if the racing goes "full retard" (as they say in another place) over this coming epic weekend.

Looking how the contenders are grappling for seconds, I don't think Contador has this won or that anyone looks especially stronger than the others, just hope that Froome's form is on the up (which his little dig towards the end of yesterday's stage suggested he might be), then we'll have a real battle.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Today will be a telling factor. Some of the hairpins are over 30% if you go the wrong route. Valverde and J Rod need some bonus seconds.
  • Joelsim wrote:
    Today will be a telling factor. Some of the hairpins are over 30% if you go the wrong route. Valverde and J Rod need some bonus seconds.

Yes.
    The Vuelta bods have managed to come up with new variation for the short, ridiculous ramp finish, that ensures nothing happens until inside the final 5kms.
    A stirling effort, lads. :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    A stirling effort, lads. :roll:

Bradradar - more anglo-centric by the post. What's with the jock-baiting?
    ;)
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • 283-Katusha%20-%20Tinkoff-saxo.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest