2014 Raleigh Talus 2.9R ...any good ?

2»

Comments

• Fixed it, to understand these things you need to know how they work so I stripped it down to it's component parts and rebuilt it, basically resetting the pistons did it.

I've started to color-cordinate, the helmet matches the wheels perfectly.....not sure about the shoes and shorts...maybe overkill :wink:

41ICtSj.jpg
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    And shoes look like spd so you'd need to get new pedals as well.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Yeah already on the list, mind you I assume you can ride without clips in SPD's, will find out when they arrive ;)

Got my eye's on some Crankbrothers Mallet 2's cb_mallet2_orange_pedals_enhanced100001.jpg

Tho' I would prefer the double sided..flat on one side and spd on the other, these have a large platform, maybe enough to ride without being clipped in.
  • cooldad
    Just no. Double sided pedals are the worst of both worlds.
    And those are Crank Bros - different cleats to SPD.And will be useless as flats.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Not according to the reviews I've read, these perform great as flats.
  • rmissin wrote:
    Not according to the reviews I've read, these perform great as flats.

They won't. Really.
  • They will.....and they look cool,
  • cooldad
    Not an issue really. Being Crank Bros they'll fall to bits after a few rides anyway.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Who told you that ?
  • Well after riding this thing a few times it seems reasonable, a few tweaks on the handlebars and seat height and I'm quite comfy on it, gears are playing up a bit but I'll fix them later.
    I agree with Rookie...no way on earth this is worth the original £529 asking price.... £230's a steal....it's an ok bike, fast, and has borderline entry level components, good excuse to pimp it up. 8)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The forks etc would make it a circa £340 bike in my opinion, so you still got a bargain.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rmissin
    rmissin Posts: 57
    Yeah not a bad deal all round.

I've got a pair of Shimano M424 SPD Pedals on it now, once you've gone clip-less there's no going back..pedaling on the upstroke is a great feeling, and I love being "locked in".
    I've Del-Boy'd about 20 times, but pretty much got the hang of them now :lol: