Personal Security

2»

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The take away from that piece, though, is that they only got a £70 fine. Seriously? £70? That's the reason this stuff happens, right there.
    I agree, that's the trouble with means based fining, it doesn't allow for the extra means these scroats steal!

That said I could understand the one with 3 broken limbs getting a small fine, he's already had his punishment.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    The Rookie wrote:
    The take away from that piece, though, is that they only got a £70 fine. Seriously? £70? That's the reason this stuff happens, right there.
    I agree, that's the trouble with means based fining, it doesn't allow for the extra means these scroats steal!

That said I could understand the one with 3 broken limbs getting a small fine, he's already had his punishment.

Meh, he'll heal and do it again.

His punishment should be that his bones arn't set properly and he can't run ever again.
  • Briggo wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:

Meh, he'll heal and do it again.

His punishment should be that his bones arn't set properly and he can't run ever again.

Should you even be treated, at the tax payer's expense, if your injury was picked up while you were committing a crime? You wouldn't be if I was in charge.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • I think people are forgetting about the Nice metal pole/beatingstick in the form of quick release seats guys..... Mugger approaches ok I'll just pass you the bike .... Very quick and sneaky push slide whack.... Drop. cya again pal don't get up in a hurry. Quick release seatclamps have a dual purpose and if you just want to hurt him not kill him hit him with the charge spoon end :lol:
  • Or the oooh your quite short let me drop the seat height for you .... Bish bosh bash
    Faged abaaad id
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Or the oooh your quite short let me drop the seat height for you .... Bish bosh bash
    Faged abaaad id
    My hero...
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Ferrals
    Ferrals Posts: 785
    Am I missing something? Unless they've got a ballistic weapon or are in a car, you can just pedal as fast as possible in the opposite direction?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Ferrals wrote:
    Am I missing something? Unless they've got a ballistic weapon or are in a car, you can just pedal as fast as possible in the opposite direction?
    This is my kind of self defence, except initially I can probably accelerate on foot faster than a bike can, especially if it has to turn round.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I've been hijacked in the past, 15 and riding on a BMX at my local skatepark when a gang of about 20 (older) lads in balaclava's came in out of nowhere. This is located in an island centre with only subway access, of which they came in 2 of the 4 exits. Never got the bike back, never heard anything afterwards and £300 out of pocket only a week after getting the replacement frame ! Wouldn't have condoned putting up a fight here, one lad got beat up and I very nearly did after tring to jump the scrote riding away from me.

I like my chain lock, it's a great deterrent when locking up outside the shop, and should the need arise it'd probably do a great job of scaring a would-be mugger off by going all hillbilly on him, red faced shouting like a crazy guy then pulling a chain out. Have found that in manageable numbers, some chavs can be put off by by going crazy. Only a week before I got jacked, a group of 3 tried to rob my brother's bike whilst I was outside the shop so I threw my bike down and went crazy, they dropped the bike and carried on.

Not that this would work all the time mind, but you may see what my take on it is.
  • Ryan Jones wrote:
    I've been hijacked in the past, 15 and riding on a BMX at my local skatepark when a gang of about 20 (older) lads in balaclava's came in out of nowhere. This is located in an island centre with only subway access, of which they came in 2 of the 4 exits. Never got the bike back, never heard anything afterwards and £300 out of pocket only a week after getting the replacement frame ! Wouldn't have condoned putting up a fight here, one lad got beat up and I very nearly did after tring to jump the scrote riding away from me.

I like my chain lock, it's a great deterrent when locking up outside the shop, and should the need arise it'd probably do a great job of scaring a would-be mugger off by going all hillbilly on him, red faced shouting like a crazy guy then pulling a chain out. Have found that in manageable numbers, some chavs can be put off by by going crazy. Only a week before I got jacked, a group of 3 tried to rob my brother's bike whilst I was outside the shop so I threw my bike down and went crazy, they dropped the bike and carried on.

Not that this would work all the time mind, but you may see what my take on it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3rKzmPMuEg
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607