Ryder's bike

2»

Comments

• Macaloon wrote:
    Utah: never get off the boat.

Isn't Utah a bit difficult to get to by boat?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Macaloon wrote:
    Utah: never get off the boat.

Isn't Utah a bit difficult to get to by boat?

Only if you've never heard of the Colorado river.

river2-blog480.jpg
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,794
    Ryder's crash on stage 7

Something 'odd' looking about how the bike moves after the crash.

As the rear wheel makes contact with the ground it seems to start accelerating again as if powered by a motor.

(from the other place)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=84281&d=1345911106
  • SCR Pedro wrote:
    Watch it closely. There is a pole at the side of the road. It looks as though he clipped it with his bars, and that knocked it from vertical to an angle. He must have been almost riding in the gutter for that to happen. Weird.

Well spotted. When I posted it on the 'Impressive Crash' thread I had no idea what was up. The pole makes all the sense now. I guess understandably he wasnt expecting there to be a pole there when he was riding head down a bloc to hold the wheel in front.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    feltkuota wrote:
    The more I watch that the more it looks like it's powered :D

If it was then I'd be asking for your money back. The wheel is turning the wrong way!

Have another look. If the wheel is indeed causing the frame rotation, then it's turning the right way.

But there's no motor; it's just Fiziks.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Ben6899 wrote:
    feltkuota wrote:

If it was then I'd be asking for your money back. The wheel is turning the wrong way!

Have another look. If the wheel is indeed causing the frame rotation, then it's turning the right way.

In no way am I wishing to argue but I just don't see it like that.. If we're talking about the rear wheel and a supposed motor then, as far as I can see, for the motor to be driving the rear wheel causing the bike to go down hill and rotate like that then the rear wheel has to be turning the wrong way.. If we ignore the imaginary motor then of course it's all about the the "Fiziks".. If none of that turns out to be the case then I'll have to put it into the bucket of I don't get it....
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Looks to me like these motorbikes are out of control.

He looks so desperate to get hold of it like he's dropped something in a food mixer.
  • Ben6899
    feltkuota wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    feltkuota wrote:

In no way am I wishing to argue but I just don't see it like that.. If we're talking about the rear wheel and a supposed motor then, as far as I can see, for the motor to be driving the rear wheel causing the bike to go down hill and rotate like that then the rear wheel has to be turning the wrong way.. If we ignore the imaginary motor then of course it's all about the the "Fiziks".. If none of that turns out to be the case then I'll have to put it into the bucket of I don't get it....

No, I'm not arguing either - just pointing out your error. Imagine the bike is fixed to the ground somewhere around the headset (effectively friction between the bars and the tarmac is the same thing). Now rotate the wheel forwards... which direction does the frame rotate?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,654
    Surely all that happened is that the momentum of the bike was briefly disrupted as Ryder dragged himself up and unclipped and then it just carried on on its path helped by the downhill slope and the camber of the bend?
  • Ben6899 wrote:
    feltkuota wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    feltkuota wrote:

No, I'm not arguing either - just pointing out your error. Imagine the bike is fixed to the ground somewhere around the headset (effectively friction between the bars and the tarmac is the same thing). Now rotate the wheel forwards... which direction does the frame rotate?

Going to have to agree to differ..
  • RideOnTime
    feltkuota wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    feltkuota wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    feltkuota wrote:

There's a bigger conspiracy here than anyone dare to imagine... Even BR's are in on it...
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Kenny Pryde ‏@Kenny_Pryde 1m
    Much mirth in #laVuelta caravan over Hesjedal's motor-bike. Dan Martin asking his mechanic for keys. But UCI did visit Garmin for a look.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    edited September 2014
    Edit - Double post.
  • “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Ben6899
    feltkuota wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    feltkuota wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    feltkuota wrote:

http://instagram.com/p/sh0fSPirPW/

Ahem.
    Ben

• TimB34
    TimB34 Posts: 316
    Heheh

https://twitter.com/Vaughters/status/507486555796410368
    @Vaughters
    Wanted: bicycle mechanic w electrical engineering and/or jet propulsion PhD. Highly confidential work. Must speak fluent Canadian.
  • [

http://instagram.com/p/sh0fSPirPW/

Ahem.[/quote]

Obviously mirrors and magic involved! Didn't see any smoke though..

I'm now suitably convinced..Ta
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Even Gazetta has a feature on it !!

http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/04-09-2 ... 4773.shtml
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,159
    dsoutar wrote:

Gazzetta headline: Vuelta, il giorno dei velocisti. Hesjedal, avevi il motorino?
    L'Equipe headline: Un moteur dans le vélo de Ryder Hesjedal ?
    Marca headline: ¿Es un motor lo que mueve la bici de Hesjedal?
    Niewsblad: Zat er een motortje in de fiets van Hesjedal?
    Telegraaf: Motortje in fiets Hesjedal?

German: Ryder Hesjedal: "Motor-Doping" bei der Vuelta?
    Portuguese: Bicicleta de Hesjedal movida a motor?
    Norwegian: Har han motor i sykkelen?

A better example of Betteridge's Law of Headlines you could not find. Basically any story with a question as it's headline is bulls1t and the journalist knows it - but it's good click bait for slack-jawed masses. It's journo code.

Betteridge: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betteridge ... _headlines
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • From the other place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7TWDNhWDlY

42s in
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574

Just quoting this to end the thread.
  • Pross
    ThomThom wrote:

Just quoting this to end the thread.

Ah, but in that video the bike doesn't stop first and then carry on :wink:
  • thomthom
    Can't believe how this fired up again in the news and all. The sad thing is the majority seem to actually believe there's a motor.

People are so f****** dumb.
  • Pross
    ThomThom wrote:
    Can't believe how this fired up again in the news and all. The sad thing is the majority seem to actually believe there's a motor.

People are so f****** dumb.

+1 - seeing it all over Facebook at the moment as it's been posted on some MTB website as proof that roadies are cheats :roll:
  • What's shocking about this thread is the evidence we've uncovered that motors are so common in the pro peloton. So many examples of back wheels driving crashed bikes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RideOnTime

What does that prove.

nothing.

he looks like he's dragging the bike by the handlebars.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    where do i get one of those from? wiggle?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • thomthom
    RideOnTime wrote:

What does that prove.

nothing.

he looks like he's dragging the bike by the handlebars.

Why don't you get your bike and do the same?

I mean.. Come on..
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Best check Valverde's bike. If someone else is doing something then it's odds on Piti will be too.