Planet X Giovanissimi Childrens Aluminum Race Frame

2»

Comments

• BigMat wrote:
    My brother built up a couple of these for his twins - 20" wheel version. To be honest it sounded a right faff and I'm not sure he's ever added up what it actually cost. Nice project if you're looking for one, but if you just want a decent value kids' bike you'd probably be better off buying a second hand Isla / Frog etc, looking after it then cashing in when you sell it on.

Totally agreed. But my daughter who is 5 helped me all summer building her bike, and she rides a one of a kind bike. If you can afford the bespoke parts and you can invest the time it's totally worth it!
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    whats wrong with the bottom bracket shell?
    A bit of facing and chasing I can handle (I think I've got a tool somewhere) but sounds a little worrying that the frames aren't made very well.....
  • mroli wrote:
    whats wrong with the bottom bracket shell?
    A bit of facing and chasing I can handle (I think I've got a tool somewhere) but sounds a little worrying that the frames aren't made very well.....
    It needs chasing and facing. That's all that is wrong. The frames are OK. They are no cervelos though!
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    antsmithmk wrote:
    It needs chasing and facing. That's all that is wrong. The frames are OK. They are no cervelos though!
    You mean for £26 quid I'm not getting pro race quality?!

Looking forward to building it up.....