Moving from Sporttracks to Golden Cheetah

twotyred
twotyred Posts: 822
I'm thinking of moving from ST3 to Golden Cheetah however I have three years of data on Sporttracks which I'd like to move to GC. Is there any way of importing the ST logbook file into GC? Life's too short to individually export each ride from ST3 and import it into GC.

Comments

• liversedge
    liversedge Posts: 1,003
    You can drag and drop more than one file into GC and import LOTS of files at once .. life is to short for one at a time :)

Take care though, the ST3 file format does weird things to "optimise" storage, so IIRC we have to derive distance based upon GPS data because it is not stored in there (!). I'm not 100% confident the transfer will be good.

I'd be interested to hear what you find, as we don't get much call for ST3 support.
    --
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com
  • twotyred
    twotyred Posts: 822
    I exported the all the data for 2014 from ST3 as a fitlog file then imported that into GC. It seems to have worked OK without having to export and import individual rides. Need to look through some of the ride data in a bit more detail to be sure but so far looks good.
  • skinnie
    skinnie Posts: 1
    I know this post is 4 years old, but still, can anyone point me in the right direction to export/convert the Sport Tracks 3.0 logbook to fitbook or any format readable by Golden Cheetah?
    I have almost 4 years of data that I would like to import if possible.