Fox vs Rockshox

2»

Comments

• Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    True, I was referring to taste, the rock underneath the reservoir affects the taste of the water obv.
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    Processes vary slightly, the origins of the water doesn't.
    I read today that DVO forks are designed and manufactured by Suntour, is that right?

not designed but made by.

The water that comes out of my tape is chemically different in composition to that which come out of a london tape. It's not just H2O
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    POAH wrote:
    Processes vary slightly, the origins of the water doesn't.
    I read today that DVO forks are designed and manufactured by Suntour, is that right?

not designed but made by.

The water that comes out of my tape is chemically different in composition to that which come out of a london tape. It's not just H2O

London is served by aquifers rather than reservoirs (although this may not be 100% true these days with water demand levels but certainly was historically). Definitely flavours the water a little.
    Fox are very hard and expensive to service as well. Rockshox I do at home

Fox forks are reasonably easy to do a basic service on - I watched a video which showed it to be almost identical to the process I followed for my old Marzocchi forks - but as a side note, the local fox service place charges the same as the local RS place.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Lower lubes on any fork is pretty easy. Major services can be a bit tricky on some forks, I understand X Fusion are particularly tricky.

London water supply is definitely fed mostly by reservoirs, most of the jobs I have done on clean water were on London reservoirs, there are loads of the buggers around south London although at the moment they seem to contain more zebra muscles than water.
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    I think the Dutch, Scandinavians & Swiss would have a thing or two to say about that :wink:

Thr Dutch use similar processes to the UK but without the same level of final effluent treatment. The UK has very strict quality regulations with very heavy fines.

uk water treatment is not that good,trust me i surf as well ride,Scarborough's north bay had to be tested 3 times to get it's blue flag,and then they had to test it when there has been no swell movement for about 10 days,if you check what a beach needs to get a blue flag status it is a JOKE,Mc Cains food had a leaking sewer pipe on the low water mark and they have been fined nothing for it,and there was highly toxic chemicals coming out of it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... dslip.html
    the same pipe that goes into the sea untreated
  • rockmonkeysc
    It may not be great but the UK is better than most of Europe.
    Some of the older works in rural areas are starting to struggle to cope with all the new homes being built in their catchment areas so as soon as there is a big storm the works can't cope and it goes to holding tanks, when they are full it goes to emergency bypass which will send un-treated waste straight out of the works.
    When these developments of hundreds of homes are built no consideration is given to whether the local treatment works can cope.
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    It may not be great but the UK is better than most of Europe.
    Some of the older works in rural areas are starting to struggle to cope with all the new homes being built in their catchment areas so as soon as there is a big storm the works can't cope and it goes to holding tanks, when they are full it goes to emergency bypass which will send un-treated waste straight out of the works.
    When these developments of hundreds of homes are built no consideration is given to whether the local treatment works can cope.

alot of this work is being done now in scarborough now they have just finished the massive holding tank,and are going to upgrade the treatment plant as it is broken down a lot of the time at the moment,the Mc Cains pipe is completely separate and is not treated in any way or form at all,which is a piss take as their Food processing plant at Peterborough drains out into a river and is fully treated,one rule for a river and another for the sea
  • rockmonkeysc
    Unfortunately discharge consent is more relaxed for sea discharge because of dilution in the sea.
  • ncn
    ncn Posts: 123
    So basically Rock shox are better because the UK has a better water purification system than the majority of the EU.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    ncn wrote:
    So basically Rock shox are better because the UK has a better water purification system than the majority of the EU.

seems like a good enough argument as any other reason :lol:
  • rockmonkeysc
    This may have gone a little off topic. I blame Wiggle & Severn Trent Water.
  • blinddrew
    blinddrew Posts: 317
    ncn wrote:

Best comment I've seen on here in ages. :¬)
    Music, beer, sport, repeat...