Mini Pump

2»

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    It just gets all abit mental sometimes.

The way I see it. Its a tool - by the time I remove a wheel and tyre my hands will be grubby (worse if its the rear) and the last thing I'd want to do is get grubby paws over the gold/yellow/silver of the pump.

It's going in my Jersey hopefully never to be seen.

just my opinion and clearly wrong.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    :D

I went with what was good when on sale. So have two lezynes one black (fine) and one with bright blue bits (not so fine) but as you say does the job... But I am not in the fashion police as I wear tops with colour... and sometimes mix cannondale tops with castelli bibs.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493

I went with what was good when on sale. So have two lezynes one black (fine) and one with bright blue bits (not so fine) but as you say does the job... But I am not in the fashion police as I wear tops with colour... and sometimes mix cannondale tops with castelli bibs.

What??!!??
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    PBo wrote:

What??!!??

Oh Lord. This has just elevated into the "threads that are kicking off" world.... :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    rubertoe wrote:

The way I see it. Its a tool - by the time I remove a wheel and tyre my hands will be grubby (worse if its the rear) and the last thing I'd want to do is get grubby paws over the gold/yellow/silver of the pump.

I wouldn't say you were wrong in anyway, you see things in a functional light, and that's totally your prerogative and works for you so everyone is a winner :D
    Cycling is a ridiculously enjoyable past time/sport, so as long as people can enjoy it in the way that suits them, and maximises it for them, then I personally think all well and good.

So the black pump has arrived, and very nice it is too, can't quite believe how small it is, but the quality of the, umm stroke, is blatantly obvious, and it feels like a sturdy piece of kit.

I think I read a review somewhere that said you can't use the bracket on your frame AND use a second bottle cage, which seems a bit weird - is that true?
    Otherwise I gues it just goes in a rear jersey pocket, something my current Blackburn would be too large to do so with.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I picked mine up 2day (halfords - bc member) its frickin tiny. No way will it get to 160 psi....

I might have to get co2 as well.

I'll still carry my revolution mini track in my ruck sack for the commute.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    rubertoe wrote:

Quite right, you're completely correct.
    I expect a pint with my name on when I get to the Excel tomorrow evening. I'm sure we'll be the only ones there.