commonwealth games mtb

13»

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Aye, there's obviously a lot of crossover, Lewis King, from the Giant DH team in the 90s picked up XC racing a few years ago, bounced around the middle of the open cat for a couple of years, but once he started training he got very quick very fast, national vets champion now. Ed Moseley's done well too, and Tracey Moseley still races the odd XC race - she did the first national this year, and despite being the least technical course ever she still didn't do too badly in elite.

Enduro seems to have taken a number of guys from both, Adam Craig has gone from XC to Enduro, stands to reason it would appeal to riders from both disciplines.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I recently found out how fast Tracey Moseley is. While waiting to start a practice run at a DH race I thought I would just sneak in front of the lady on the 29er so I didn't get held up. She came flying past me sideways, I felt rather foolish.
  • Ferrals
    Ferrals Posts: 785
    just came across this while on lunch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fclehqB-kHc
    suggesting it is the xc-bike rather than the lack of skill as some here were saying!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I recently found out how fast Tracey Moseley is. While waiting to start a practice run at a DH race I thought I would just sneak in front of the lady on the 29er so I didn't get held up. She came flying past me sideways, I felt rather foolish.

yep, have had a few similar occurrences with manon carpenter :oops: :lol:
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Ferrals wrote:
    just came across this while on lunch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fclehqB-kHc
    suggesting it is the xc-bike rather than the lack of skill as some here were saying!

Kenta's just jacked in XC racing too, to "pursue other cycling related goals", wonder where he'll turn up. Enduro seems plausible.

Whilst we're on the "XC racers can't ride bikes" thing - have we done road superstar Peter Sagan?

Clicky