The 2014 Tour shall henceforth be known as the Tour de Zzzz

124»

Comments

• dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    RichN95 wrote:
    I think I've said in the past (maybe just in my head though) that the most important and powerful cyclist is Marcel Kittel as he is the way back to the German economy. (It's a shame Konig's not German - I frequently think is).
    If he was a footballer he would be.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    I enjoyed watching it - the first couple of stages and then the roubaix one were very memorable, there were some great performances in the mountains and Nibali was in the sort of form that would have made him very difficult to beat had Contador or Froome not crashed out (or had Quintana been there). However there is a lingering feeling of disappointment - I didnt particularly care who won but i was looking forward to the battles in the mountains between the big 3 and also the head to head between Kittel and Cavendish and none of it materialised so it was disappointing in that regard.

While the fight for the podium going to the line was of some interest it lacked a certain edge and tension because it was "only" for 2nd and 3rd place and was much less exciting as a result.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    As ever, [Kleber] inrng summed it up perfectly.
    inrng wrote:
    A fine edition with action from start to finish. Some of it was the wrong kind with crashes providing instant drama at the expense of more complex plotlines in the sprints and mountains although how the orphaned teams responded is a story in itself.

Kleber = inrng???
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    They are making an educated guess that's who it is - but then who is Kleber ?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    They are making an educated guess that's who it is - but then who is Kleber ?
    An old poster on here back in the day who seemed to know lots about lots. (Disappeared about the same time as the Inrng blog took off).
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    Ah yes I meant who is Kleber as in his real name, wasn't there some speculation that he had more of a connection to the pro scene than most of us (or that may have been documented fact ?)
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]