cycle roller training problem

AirliteRider
AirliteRider Posts: 16
I have a set of tacx rollers set up in my shed for those times after work when I want to jump on my bike and do a few miles. However I have suffered two punctures the last two times I have used them, had anyone got any tips please to help prevent these happening every time I use them. Do I need to increase the pressure?

Comments

• WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    I keep the tyre pressures the same as on the road, have you checked the tyre fully to make sure there isn't debris causing a puncture, glass is a good one for getting stuck right in the carcass but hardly noticeable.
  • yes, when i changed the tube the last time i ran fingers round the inside of the tyre and also over the rim tape. No floors in the tape and no debris in the tyre. Thanks for the suggestions though
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    edited July 2014
    Are you using new tubes or repaired?

I've had problems in the past with repaired tubes, I'm guessing maybe the heat causing the glue round the patch to melt or something. Never had problems with unpatched tubes though.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Never had that problem, often let the tyres go quite low as it reduces the vibration.

Have you checked the drums in case the offending object is now stuck on the roller?

Just admit, p******** are not part of the authentic riding experience I thought rollers should give.