Malaysian Airlines

2»

Comments

• florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Back way when I went through training to survive, avoid, high jacking and kidnapping, as this was a problem for execs abroad, people in the same company were on hijacked planes, some died at Lockerbie etc.

The difference is that hijacking and kidnapping were survivable events. Suicide bombers and getting shot down feel a very different threat.

Atocha and 7/7 were chilling, hung around Atocha enough waiting for trains, and had been on the tube on 7/7. Nothing trains you for that.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    PBlakeney wrote:
    bdu98252 wrote:
    It is a bit pointless harking back to airliners shot down by Russian and USA institutions. Neither Putin or Obama were in charge at the time of the two previously quoted incidents and I doubt very much if they were anywhere in the decision making tree either. Its a bit like blaming an anti Iraq campaigner who marched on London for the sins of Tony Blair's invasion of Iraq with old cowboy Bush.
    Speaking of which, where is the Middle East Peace Envoy in theses troubled times?

In London. Must be serious business then.

Have a heart, he's probably exchanging contracts on another couple of mansions in Belgravia, a man needs another hobby given all his hard work in ensuring peace and harmony in the middle east...
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Obviously living in the Netherlands the shooting down of flight MH17 was a terrible tragedy to all of us here. I returned from Tunisia last week Wednesday and visited the terminal 3 area specially reserved for people to lay flowers etc. Together with my kids we signed the condolance register and even at 05.00am it was busy with people all wanting to take a look, leave flowers and pay their respects.
    As i understand it the plane was shot down by a missile, this has since been confirmed after analysing the two black box recorders.It,s just a shame that whoever is fighting who and where in this world that people can be taught how to use a missile launcher but are not taught how to identify between a commercial plane and a military plane. :cry:
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura