Anyone know my consumer rights with regards a Canyon problem

2»

Comments

• Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    Charlie I am not sure what you are saying.

You say that the posts on here regarding Canyons are representative and then you are being critical/distrusting of people who have joined to post about issues they have had with their Canyons. Are those Canyon owners not allowed to post up their experiences?

Which is it?

Manufacturers don't look at places like this for trends. They look at their own sales and warranty returns figures.

There are a few things that are wrong with the SLX but it has a loyal following and that is what Canyon must look to preserve.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • Bar Shaker wrote:
    Charlie I am not sure what you are saying.

You say that the posts on here regarding Canyons are representative

I have not said that, have I?

I have agreed with this statement....
    Bar Shaker wrote:
    It's very easy to think that posts on a forum such as this are indicative of trends or real world distribution.
    But that is not the same thing if you re read it is it?
    Bar Shaker wrote:
    Are those Canyon owners
    This is what I am questioning.
    Bar Shaker wrote:
    Are those Canyon owners not allowed to post up their experiences?
    Of course they are. Not sure where you got this from?
    Bar Shaker wrote:
    Manufacturers don't look at places like this for trends. They look at their own sales and warranty returns figures
    I don't agree with this.
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    I have been a manufacturer of car parts. One of our products developed a fault and our investigation showed that it was likely that they all would, in time. The fault was annoying rather than safety related. We contacted all owners and refunded them. The news was all over the relevant forums and whilst people were pissed off, most considered we had handled it well. Many people never had the fault develop and they were very happy.

The internet debate that rolled on for months didn't stop us getting many calls each day for a long, long time from people wanting to buy the same part.

The forums only knew of a few people with problems, we new of many more and that is why I decided to pull the product. It would have been easier to pretend there wasn't a problem but this would have caused my company more damage and more money, in the long run.

If I was in the same situation, there is no way I would continue selling a problem that was generating a considerable amount of warranty returns and for which there was no designed replacement.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • Lookyhere
    Lookyhere Posts: 987
    Bar Shaker wrote:
    If I was in the same situation, there is no way I would continue selling a problem that was generating a considerable amount of warranty returns and for which there was no designed replacement.

but this is the point, I ve looked through the net and can very little on this supposed significant problem.....
  • Up until the last few weeks I have had nothing but praise for Canyon. I owned the original CF SLX and still own a Grand Canyon CF 29er which is great as well as ordering various other parts from there website but I've had nothing but trouble with my new bike, which is a shame as when I've been able to ride it it's great.

Regardless of how many people have and haven't had an issue with the CF SLX there are enough to show that there is a problem. For Canyon to start issuing a new seatpost clamp also shows there is an issue. My first frame cracked after about a month and my replacement frame cracked in less time than that. If it had happened once then fair enough that would be bad luck, but two frames with identical cracks can't be right.

I emailed Canyon on Sunday informing them I want to return the bike and seek a refund and despite both Canyon Germany and Canyon UK telling me on twitter they have received my email I have had no reply, not even to say thank you for your email we are looking into it etc. I've spent £3200 on a bike that I've hardly been able to ride and they can't even be bothered to type an email.