Tour de France Stage 7 Epernay-Nancy *Spoilers*

Comments

• above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    The_Boy wrote:

Flecha is good as a telly person.

Thought he was awful when he first started but hard to disagree with that now tbh.

I might be seduced by his lovely hair. It's like young Rust Cohle hair.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    I'm a Talansky fan and dislike Gerrans but that was definitely Talansky's fault. He was concentrating on what was going on to his right and not paying any attention to what was happening to his left whilst drifting that way.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    Fuglsgang came across really well there.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    @mcewenrobbie: I hope Talansky is ok & it doesn’t affect the rest of his tour. rule #1 Eyes to the front. Rule#2: look where ur going, not where u’ve been
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    I would put that on Talansky. He was wandering to the left, not looking where he was going. Gerrens only seems to go right as a consequence of the contact.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Sagan 2,4,2,4,4,5,2
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    BsRcF-BCcAI35dY.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Peat wrote:
    I would put that on Talansky. He was wandering to the left, not looking where he was going. Gerrens only seems to go right as a consequence of the contact.

Just watched it over and over. This is correct.

Talansky looking to his right and driving left. Gerrans was riding straight (you can see this as he follows the white centre line of the road). Talansky just rode into the rear wheel of Gerrans - at which point he went down and THEN Gerrans cut to his right.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    The_Boy wrote:

Thought he was awful when he first started but hard to disagree with that now tbh.

Just bought this series. It's great. Shame about the last 2 episodes though.
  • tailwindhome
    edited July 2014
    Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters · 11m
    Gerrans just offered apology. All good. Thank you

Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters · 4m
    Also - @ORICA_GreenEDGE - Andrew (we)realize it wasn't all Simon's fault. A bit of the fog of war. Apologies all around. Onward.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Fugslang will hit yellow tommorrow. Nibali wants him to. Especially to avoid all the post interviews.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    edited July 2014
    Just watched the final k... I liked Porte's approach to the sprint: "You guys can have that side of the road, I'll stay over here thank you very much" :)
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    DeadCalm wrote:
    I'm a Talansky fan and dislike Gerrans but that was definitely Talansky's fault. He was concentrating on what was going on to his right and not paying any attention to what was happening to his left whilst drifting that way.

Sticking your neck out with that statement.
  • above_the_cows
    ThomThom wrote:
    The_Boy wrote:

Agreed. Still best thing on telly since Forbrydelsen and Borgen for me.
  • above_the_cows
    adr82 wrote:
    Just watched the final k... I liked Porte's approach to the sprint: "You guys can have that side of the road, I'll stay over here thank you very much" :)

Yep, pretty sensible especially for a little person.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    ThomThom wrote:
    The_Boy wrote:

Really? Will have to give it a shot then... currently on Les Revenants, but it's a bit wierd...
  • tailwindhome
    BsRoz7TCUAAG5p2.png:large
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,710
    Simon Gerrans: More dangerous than wet pave. :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Looking forward to hearing Trentin interviewed on ITV 4 highlights, appropriately given his surname he's from Trentino - Borgo Valsugana just a few ks from where stage 18 of this year's giro finished. Daniel Oss (6th) is from Trento. Forza polenta eaters!
  • tailwindhome
    edited July 2014
  • above_the_cows
    dish_dash wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    The_Boy wrote:

Really? Will have to give it a shot then... currently on Les Revenants, but it's a bit wierd...

True Detective better than Les Revenants and I thought Les Revenants was good if weird.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    Teejay is just sh!t.

This may be the case... but just saw his crash and that was totally not his fault. Movistar rider just rode into him!

vine.co/v/MxZwBE0HLg2

Bummer for him with Darwin out as well, reducing hill climb support...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Stupid phone wouldn't let me log in in Rapha wifi. Clearly I am not pretty enough

Anyway. What I said when the photo came up is Sagan is gonna maaaaaaaad!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,710
    edited July 2014
    What happened to VDB? Didn't seem to be involved in the TJVG debacle, but lost even more time than the BMC leader.
    Has he started his inevitable slide, even before we sight a mountain proper?

Edit: I see he did crash. Must have been on that final bend since he's been given the same time.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,538
    Cheng smacked for 5 minutes to lose his Lanterne lead to King Edward. Top racing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • tailwindhome
    You know something.

This is quite good.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Goodnight, Cheng.

Goodnight, All.
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    What happened to VDB? Didn't seem to be involved in the TJVG debacle, but lost even more time than the BMC leader.
    Has he started his inevitable slide, even before we sight a mountain proper?

Edit: I see he did crash. Must have been on that final bend since he's been given the same time.
    He crashed on last bend so will be given same time as others.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Maillot Sagan Classification after today's stage.

1 Peter SAGAN SVK CAN 259
    2 Bryan COQUARD FRA EUC 146
    3 Marcel KITTEL GER GIA 137
    4 Alexander KRISTOFF NOR KAT 117
    5 Mark RENSHAW AUS OPQ 95
    6 André GREIPEL GER LTB 91
    7 Greg VAN AVERMAET BEL BMC 60
    8 Tony GALLOPIN FRA LTB 56
    9 Samuel DUMOULIN FRA ALM 55
    10 Matteo TRENTIN ITA OPQ 54
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    RonB wrote:
    Maillot Sagan Classification after today's stage.
    Excellent work! I hope this sticks. :mrgreen:

Maybe it would be a fitting tribute to Sagan if in future years the jersey is still nicknamed after him.