2»

Comments

• Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    Ok, thanks for your help.
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • Ferrals
    Ferrals Posts: 785
    Is this a common problem? I often ride big to big (36 rear 38 front) on my current 2 by 10 set up with no problems and was assuming this would still be the case when i go 1 by 10 (42 rear, 34 front). Are the different cog sizes going to change things?

You'd have thought someone would have made nicely machined spacers that would interface with the chainring and not cause bolt weakness if it is a common issue.
  • BloggingFit
    BloggingFit Posts: 919
    You get less side to side movement or slack of the chain with wide/narrow rings when the chain engaged over a standard ring so when the chain comes away from the chain ring the chain line is sharper and you can get some noise. With a chain dared chain ring the chain line can move across the chain ring due to the slack and thus be slacker.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • Ferrals
    Ferrals Posts: 785
    Ah cheers, I'm going to be doing it with a Gxp bb which looking at the manual doesn't have spacers so I'll have to hope it's ok ... Though I'd be tempted by some washer arrangement just to try and bring it a touch more central

Edit. Was looking at the wrong thing :oops: looks like there are spacers so I will have flexibility :D
  • Burnside81
    Burnside81 Posts: 29
    lol at the 2.5mm / 5mm argument :lol:

(It's 2.5mm if anybody is still confused)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Burnside81 wrote:
    lol at the 2.5mm / 5mm argument :lol:

(It's 2.5mm if anybody is still confused)
    Only one person was confused. It's normal.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools