Kristoff vs Cavendish

2»

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Brian Holm ‏@brianholm1962 · 42m
    Kristoff said Brazil lost on purpose #wediditonpurpose #askkristoff
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Brian Holm ‏@brianholm1962 · 42m
    Kristoff said Brazil lost on purpose #wediditonpurpose #askkristoff

:lol:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    ThomThom wrote:
    Not only was Kristoff's interview laughably lost in translation it's also ironic that, of all people, Cav is the one being offended. Feck's sake..

Cav was in a hospital bed, I think it was someone getting offended on his behalf.
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    I was going to post Kristoff's comments but didn't at the time. Now it is worth it though as Cavendish has responded.

Kristoff:
    "I was stuck behind the crash and felt I had good legs. I don’t know if I could have beaten Kittel but I think I could have been close so it was a missed opportunity," Kristoff said.

Other riders avoided criticizing Cavendish but the Orica-GreenEdge team has said it was surprised that the race judges did not punish Cavendish for causing the crash. He openly apologized for the crash but Kristoff was still critical.

"Suarez was banned for biting people in soccer and to me it looked like he crashed on purpose," Kristoff said, suggesting that Cavendish was far too aggressive in the sprint.

"At 60 kliometres an hour it's really dangerous and you can injure people, so it's not nice of him. In an uphill sprint you lose a bit of [bike] control sometimes. It's not the first time he's done this. I hope he calms down a little bit in the future. He's a brilliant sprinter but it looks like he lost his head a little bit."

--

The Manxman’s agent Simon Bayliff said Cavendish is “shocked and angry” at the comments, which were made the day after Cavendish crashed out of the race.

"He has no idea where Kristoff is coming from," added Bayliff.

"I would normally say it's best just to let some things go, but this is libelous and we are considering legal action."

If Cavendish goes ahead with this then he falls massively in my estimation and it will be a clear sign that the guy is finished.

Every now and then I look through some of the stuff in Pro Race and I see you continue to post the same old crap about Cavendish. You clearly have a problem with him and it seems, anything else English / British. I think I'll avoid the Stage 5 thread as I guess there'll be some derogatory stuff about Froome / Sky from you on there. is it just a windup?
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    In fairness, I reckon that's the first time I've ever read FF comment on Cav other than in the 2014 Gear thread where it's about equipment/aesthetic rather than the man himself.

I feel people confuse national indifference with anti-Britishness.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • Pross
    RoyPSB wrote:
    I was going to post Kristoff's comments but didn't at the time. Now it is worth it though as Cavendish has responded.

Kristoff:
    "I was stuck behind the crash and felt I had good legs. I don’t know if I could have beaten Kittel but I think I could have been close so it was a missed opportunity," Kristoff said.

Other riders avoided criticizing Cavendish but the Orica-GreenEdge team has said it was surprised that the race judges did not punish Cavendish for causing the crash. He openly apologized for the crash but Kristoff was still critical.

"Suarez was banned for biting people in soccer and to me it looked like he crashed on purpose," Kristoff said, suggesting that Cavendish was far too aggressive in the sprint.

"At 60 kliometres an hour it's really dangerous and you can injure people, so it's not nice of him. In an uphill sprint you lose a bit of [bike] control sometimes. It's not the first time he's done this. I hope he calms down a little bit in the future. He's a brilliant sprinter but it looks like he lost his head a little bit."

--

The Manxman’s agent Simon Bayliff said Cavendish is “shocked and angry” at the comments, which were made the day after Cavendish crashed out of the race.

"I would normally say it's best just to let some things go, but this is libelous and we are considering legal action."

If Cavendish goes ahead with this then he falls massively in my estimation and it will be a clear sign that the guy is finished.

Every now and then I look through some of the stuff in Pro Race and I see you continue to post the same old crap about Cavendish. You clearly have a problem with him and it seems, anything else English / British. I think I'll avoid the Stage 5 thread as I guess there'll be some derogatory stuff about Froome / Sky from you on there. is it just a windup?

You don't look much then, Frenchie has been a bit of a Cav fan for a while.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Pross wrote:
    RoyPSB wrote:

Kristoff:

--

You don't look much then, Frenchie has been a bit of a Cav fan for a while.

Since he fell out with Sky?
  • Pross
    The thought crossed my mind, I was going to be kind and say since he join OPQS :wink:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Talking of legal action, I heard somewhere recently (Cycling Podcast probably) that there are still legal matters ongoing in relation to the Hoogerland/Flecha car incident from a couple of years ago.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    RichN95 wrote:
    Talking of legal action, I heard somewhere recently (Cycling Podcast probably) that there are still legal matters ongoing in relation to the Hoogerland/Flecha car incident from a couple of years ago.

Yeah I heard that too. I think it was the cycling podcast or the ITV4 one.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    RichN95 wrote:

Good old Carlton was rattling on about this on Sunday.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    ddraver wrote:

Too late to the party on this but would he b*ll*cks have sued...someone knows the only way to get his name in the paper this July is to shoot his mouth off a bit

Yeah or talk about watching kids films. The guy is a shadow of his former self. To be expected after the success he has had but he should regain some desire.

I was talking about Kristoff...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    RichN95 wrote:

Now that legal action is justified.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810
    I heard that about the Hoogerland legal action too, but as ATC suggets, all the podcasts seem to blend into one!