Tour de France Genie

2»

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Really dont get people wishing harm on others. It's only cycling - I thought we were better than that.

Genie - if you could arrange the weather to be great in Yorkshire and for me to get a table in Bettys in Harrogate - that would make my Tour.

Thanks
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    TimB34 wrote:
    I wish for an incredibly unlikely accident with a painters van for Nibali at the bottom of the road to Hautacam on stage 18 that leads to him being drenched in successive buckets of red, white and green paint.

Enraged by this, he will jump back on his bike and chase back to the leaders group before charging past them to take the stage win (and yellow jersey) whilst in the proper colours of the tricolore.

Thanks.
    Yeah, his national champs kit is a bit pony
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Cav to take yellow on stage 1
    A proper GC scrap with Purito winning
    No doping scandals
    Le Gendarmerie to shoot any fan who runs alongside the riders/pushes riders/takes a dog/generally annoys
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Paul 8v wrote:
    TimB34 wrote:
    I wish for an incredibly unlikely accident with a painters van for Nibali at the bottom of the road to Hautacam on stage 18 that leads to him being drenched in successive buckets of red, white and green paint.

Enraged by this, he will jump back on his bike and chase back to the leaders group before charging past them to take the stage win (and yellow jersey) whilst in the proper colours of the tricolore.

Thanks.

Now that's the understatement of the year.

I too would like to recommend Iain's wish. No need for those sort of shenanigans. No need.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Paul 8v wrote:
    TimB34 wrote:

Thanks.

Now that's the understatement of the year.

I too would like to recommend Iain's wish. No need for those sort of shenanigans. No need.

Speaking of Pony, I'll put a local horse update on now as I'm off t'up North and the new bike radar doesn't work on my phone.
    img_7281.jpg
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    I would like to see Adam Hansen supping from a pint of Theaksons Old Peculiar on Holm Moss (as per Alp d'Huez pint of lager)
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • mulletmaster
    mulletmaster Posts: 502
    I wish to learn lots about English and frnech regional cheese, geology and local horses.
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    I would like to see Froome take a wrong turn after trying to get back onto the back after a spill and turning up 15 years later looking like a mad eccentric frenchman. I would also like to see the Schlecks light it up and duel with the GC favourites. I would also like to see a mad spectator in team kit taking a stage win.
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • above_the_cows
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Speaking of Pony, I'll put a local horse update on now as I'm off t'up North and the new bike radar doesn't work on my phone.
    img_7281.jpg

That's a lovely pony.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810
    To see Mark Cavendish in person in the Yellow Jersey (a.k.a win stage one)
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    That all the top GC guys have at least one bad day, that should keep it exciting.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Some cobble carnage on Stage 5. No-one hurting themselves or owt but just setting up some reasonable GC gaps.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    edited July 2014
    My wish is for Cancellara to win the Tour by virtue of a 20-minute gap he puts into all other riders on Stage 5 (cobbles).
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Dear Genie,

With my wish I would like 3 more wishes.

With the 3 wishes I would like:

1) For the GC battle to be back and forth throughout the race rather than just one decisive stage
    2) Cav to to win yellow on stage 1
    3) For the cobbled stage to be attacking and for there to be splits throughout the peloton
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Wiggo to win with a devastating attack on the Queen Stage dropping Froome and Contador like they were standing still (would require all sorts of miracles, not least a very late minute injury and change in team), then seeing Brailsford try to explain how it was all part of The Plan :)
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Milton50 wrote:
    Dear Genie,

3) For the cobbled stage to be attacking and for there to be splits throughout the peloton
    The "Pave" is usually attacking because with Tempo riding there are more accidents.

So Genie,
    1) which stage will Froome dog have a bad day or maybe other days as well.
    2) My wish is that a European wins this TDF and not an African or other Continent rider.

Not greedy but just Hopeful you can spare one wish.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Pokerface wrote:
    My wish is for Cancellara to win the Tour by virtue of a 20-minute gap he puts into all otter riders on Stage 5 (cobbles).

with Wiggo a few secs behind - oh hang on that's the part of the plan that got him missed out this year
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Nibali to win
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Every day there is GC action, with a battle that see saws and changes and goes down to the wire.

So pretty much the same thing I asked for then? :P
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Timoid. wrote:
    The GC battle to go to the wire 1989 style.

Aye, that.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,538
    Cav winning yellow on stage one and winning in London with it on, followed by a tense fight for the green which he wins by taking the Champs Elysee.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Cav winning yellow on stage one and winning in London with it on, followed by a tense fight for the green which he wins by taking the Champs Elysee.

We are now best friends. Tea? :)
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    TMR wrote:

We are now best friends. Tea? :)

Got anything stronger? :-)
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I'm sure I can rustle something up...

downloads-rebellion-brewery_largeImage.jpg
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    TMR wrote:
    I'm sure I can rustle something up...

downloads-rebellion-brewery_largeImage.jpg

Looks good, but I was thinking of an espresso! Later maybe ;-)
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    You're a pretty spiteful genie

:P
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    RichN95 wrote:
    I'm a genie - I can make things happen. If you want Bernie Eisel to ride a stage naked, I can do that. (Maybe not for you, but there will be takers).

I don't know who those takers would be.... :roll:

I would like Cav to win stage one, three and the Champs please.

You SUCK Genie!! ;)

aladdin_genie_by_star_lisec-d38z038.jpg
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • above_the_cows
    ddraver wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    I'm a genie - I can make things happen. If you want Bernie Eisel to ride a stage naked, I can do that. (Maybe not for you, but there will be takers).

I don't know who those takers would be.... :roll:

I would like Cav to win stage one, three and the Champs please.

You SUCK Genie!! ;)

aladdin_genie_by_star_lisec-d38z038.jpg

The Bernie one could still happen.

I still feel bad about possibly jinxing Cav. Honestly I'm so superstitious about this one thing, I reckon if I hadn't picked him for PTP pr asked the genie he'd have won and not crashed etc. etc.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Nibali to win

Ta
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Nibali to win

Ta
    Impressive,but does anyone want a 12 inch pianist? :)
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.