Tour de France Genie

RichN95.
RichN95. Posts: 27,241
edited July 2014 in Pro race
Hello I'm the Tour de France Genie. I have been released by Rich rubbing the bottle of cheap vodka I was trapped in.

I can grant you one wish for the Tour de France. What will it be?

Rich says he wants Cavendish to win stage 1.
Twitter: @RichN95

Comments

• joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    edited July 2014
    That De Marchi wins the KoM as that will buy me half a new Pickenflick!!
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Froome to fall off an Alp - Talansky and AC to profit.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    Cavendish and Sagan to be going toe to toe for the green jersey with Cavendish needing to win on the Champs-Elysee to guarantee it.

Won't happen, but wouldn't it be great if it did? (second choice would be Kittel, Greipel and Cavendish to all have a chance come the end of the Tour - but that means wishing ill on Sagan)
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    The GC battle to go to the wire 1989 style.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • joelsim
    Cavendish and Sagan to be going toe to toe for the green jersey with Cavendish needing to win on the Champs-Elysee to guarantee it.

Won't happen, but wouldn't it be great if it did? (second choice would be Kittel, Greipel and Cavendish to all have a chance come the end of the Tour - but that means wishing ill on Sagan)

Kittel has ruled himself out of going for green.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    Joelsim wrote:

So has anyone who isn't Sagan, I'd have thought. It's a wish, not prediction...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Joelsim wrote:

I'm a genie - I can make things happen. If you want Bernie Eisel to ride a stage naked, I can do that. (Maybe not for you, but there will be takers).
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • TMR
    RichN95 wrote:
    I'm a genie - I can make things happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIDWgqDB ... lpage#t=46
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    #LetNaironmanRide
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,710
    Realistic: A very exciting race.
    Unrealistic: Commentary to match the spectacle.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    David Harmon or Rob Hatch to commentate on Eurosport.
    Geraint Thomas to win a stage.

ah beaten to it!
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,581
    To see Jarvis Cocker, in a mankini, running up Jenkin Rd serenading the Astana boys.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    One of the Feillu brothers in an audacious solo race to victory for Team BSE with a chase group just behind and DS Emmanuel Hubert in full-on gonzo mode (think Marc Madiot for FDJ).
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    TMR wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Awww she was so lovely then... :cry:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    http://youtu.be/-ScjucUV8v0 - Just for you DD raver

My wish would be for Cav to win the first and last stages
  • TMR
    ddraver wrote:
    TMR wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Awww she was so lovely then... :cry:

Agreed.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    Someone who isn't Froome or Contador to take GC.
  • wombly_knees
    wombly_knees Posts: 657
    Cheng Ji to not finish bottom five in every stage he starts in.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Every day there is GC action, with a battle that see saws and changes and goes down to the wire.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Cavendish taking the yellow jersey would be nice...still one he needs to bag.

Other than that I would like it so the lead doesnt not change hands after the final TT, none of the big names crash badly, Yates to top ten along with two Frenchmen. I would also really like to see a proper competition for the KOM given how mountainous the route is - I was possibly thinking Yates on this one if he loses a lot of time and ideally Rodriguez although I am not so sure whether he is prepared not to fight for GC if he thinks he has half a chance.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Arnaud Démare to take the first stage - first tour - first stage - swaps tricolor for yellow then takes green in London

Other GC to get yellow somewhere then have epic struggle to keep it - like Voekler or Heulot did - but with more chance winning - someone like Bardet or Talansky or TjVG or JvB
  • DL1987
    DL1987 Posts: 204
    Andy Schleck to surprise everybody and ride like it's 2010. Although I understand this request may be a bit too far even for the TDF Genie.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    RichN95 wrote:
    I'm a genie - I can make things happen. If you want Bernie Eisel to ride a stage naked, I can do that. (Maybe not for you, but there will be takers).

I don't know who those takers would be.... :roll:

I would like Cav to win stage one, three and the Champs please.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Albert Timmer stage win. That'll do me.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Right, just back from the bookies, put my mortgage on Cav for the overall, the odds were great! Make it happen please :lol:

More seriously, a tight race with at least 3 riders in it all the way. Maybe Froome to crash and lose 5 mins on the cobbles and spend 2 1/2 weeks trying to take it back.
  • joelsim
    Right, just back from the bookies, put my mortgage on Cav for the overall, the odds were great! Make it happen please :lol:

More seriously, a tight race with at least 3 riders in it all the way. Maybe Froome to crash and lose 5 mins on the cobbles and spend 2 1/2 weeks trying to take it back.

I may do the same. Good idea.
  • TimB34
    TimB34 Posts: 316
    I wish for an incredibly unlikely accident with a painters van for Nibali at the bottom of the road to Hautacam on stage 18 that leads to him being drenched in successive buckets of red, white and green paint.

Enraged by this, he will jump back on his bike and chase back to the leaders group before charging past them to take the stage win (and yellow jersey) whilst in the proper colours of the tricolore.

Thanks.
  • option_click
    option_click Posts: 169
    Turfle wrote:
    Geraint Thomas to win a stage.

ah beaten to it!

Geraint Thomas to avoid crashing (perhaps unrealistic)
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Genie

Can you make sure no rider gets spat on, or urine dumped on them. Be they Froome, Bert, Cavendish.

Cheers
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    iainf72 wrote:
    Genie

Can you make sure no rider gets spat on, or urine dumped on them. Be they Froome, Bert, Cavendish.

Cheers
    Good call