A thorn between two Roses..

2»

Comments

• gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,643
    Having test ridden ridden the Rose CGF I found it to be very comfortable and well equipped, as a Rose CSL owner I can say that it performs very well for me and is far better specced than equivalent priced store-available bikes,
    I also echo the sentiments of jimmythecuckoo.
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Rose are incredibly dull. You may aswell buy a Trek, at least you can go to an LBS and test ride them.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,643
    I test rode three Rose bikes and then spent Trek Domane 4.3 money on a better bike from Rose.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    Colnago Master?
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,717
    drlodge wrote:
    Bike for your heart vs. bike for your head...
    Exactly, which is the point Ugo is making. Go for the heart if you want a keeper, inevitably a head based decision will age faster as next years model will have some miniscule advantage.
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    giant man wrote:
    at least Canyon have something about them ...

Like what ?
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • giant man wrote:
    at least Canyon have something about them ...

Like what ?

Some Stage wins?
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • If this bike is a lifer I personally would not go for one of the Roses, they are one of the best bikes per pound you can get but for over £2k I would wand something with a little more heritage. If you don't mind settling for Ultegra you can get something like a Colnago AC-R for around the same price or if you're like me and have a soft sport for celeste a Bianchi Sempre Pro Veloce would give you enough money in your budget to get some nice new kit. This is just me though, I like the feeling my Bianchi gives me when it gets a ride. Yes, I know I could have gotten a "better" bike for the money and I also know that my bike wasn't handcrafted and cast by Mr Bianchi himself in his garage in Milan but it makes me feel good and I love the look of it which in all honesty should be the most important thing when you buy a bike - as it makes you want to go out on it more!

But this is just my personal opinion, what matters is what you think and how those bikes make you feel, at the end of the day it is you who will be riding it but for the money you are willing to spend, you are going to end up with a great bike whatever you decide on.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Yup, ignore one Taiwan built bike and buy another bike, from a Taiwan factory.