wahoo kickr / TR

s25scd
s25scd Posts: 84
Hi,
firstly please excuse my ignorance and my not so good technical know how. After some years on my old battered tacx fluid I decided to hell with it and upgrade to the kickr. I took delivery of it today and set it up as per dc rainmaker reviews etc. I use trainer road with a Ant+ usb and garmin HR monitor. So today i tried to do a workout but after a few spin on the pedals the break comes on so its virtually impossible to pedal. I done the spin down test on both trainer road and the wahoo app on my phone with no problems but still the break comes on after a few spins at the start of a workout. The faster i pedal the more the break comes on! I messed about with the app on my phone and managed to alter the settings and keep the break off but now when I'm just steadily pedalling along with virtually no effort the power gauge on trainer road is up in the 200watt range! In the end I had to use the old battle-axe trainer a bit peed off and disappointed!, Is there something I'm missing , Am i right in saying i should be able to just basically pair the kicker to trainer road with no need to use the iPhone app to control the settings?. Thanks in advance

Comments

• BrandonA
    BrandonA Posts: 553
    Have you raised a case with Wahoo? When I took receipt of mine last year it didn't output power correctly. My issue was caused due to a hardware defect. The good news is they shipped me a new unit and were very helpful throughout the entire process. Your issue might not be hardware related but at least they'd help you diagnose the issue.

I ensure you have completed the spindown as per the instructions below:
    http://support.wahoofitness.com/entries ... libration-
  • s25scd
    s25scd Posts: 84
    yep, after racking my brains trying to get it too work I contacted wahoo and it seems there is a faulty strain gauge in the kickr which would explain the brake always coming on , so sending it back and wahoo sending me a replacement.
    cheers