Supporting Italy to the max tonight !

Serious Cat
Serious Cat Posts: 489
edited June 2014 in The bottom bracket
Hoping that Italy play as inspired as Holland did last night and thrash england off the park. Very fragile looking Brazil, awesome Dutch and now have to weigh up Germany and Argentina as Spanish team literally grew old overnight. Where 2010 world cup was rank this one is so much better.
This serious internet site..............I serious cat

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,498
    Hoping that Italy play as inspired as Holland did last night and thrash england off the park. Very fragile looking Brazil, awesome Dutch and now have to weigh up Germany and Argentina as Spanish team literally grew old overnight. Where 2010 world cup was rank this one is so much better.
    So which non world cup attending country do you live in/support that made so bitter? I think I can guess...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    It's a win/win for me. Or it would be if I gave a flying fook.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939

Jealousy is a terrible thing
  • bikes`n`guns
    bikes`n`guns Posts: 959
    I seriously cannot stand all that small minded xenophobia pish.
    I hope England do well. Not that I care much about fitba.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • jezzasnr
    jezzasnr Posts: 225
    The longer England are involved in the tournament, the longer there are no cars on the road when they're playing. Ok, not much use at 11pm tonight, but there's plenty of lunatics in pubs today instead of being out driving.
    ....like it's golden
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,019
    The pubs will be full of some seriously drunk people around midnight tonight,
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • BillyMansell
    BillyMansell Posts: 817
    The pubs will be full of some seriously drunk people around midnight tonight,
    And some of them may be out driving tomorrow morning.
  • Serious Cat
    To be honest with you boys it's a no win situation for me and millions of others as when england get blasted out they will continue banging on to a world who couldn't care less about 1966 :roll: , I just hope Woy Hodgson hasn't set them up for 0 - 0
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Big football matches fill me with an utter sense of dread due to work. It makes it HELL. As much as I'd love England to win I would also be happy if they went out at the earliest opportunity.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Buckie2k5
    Buckie2k5 Posts: 600
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    So which non world cup attending country do you live in/support that made so bitter? I think I can guess...

Were bitter when were at the world cup too m8.. Fairplay it has been a while ;)
  • Buckie2k5
    Buckie2k5 Posts: 600

Its just healthy rivalry, if you cared about football you would get it. No different from a man city fan not wanting utd to win. Racism got nothing to do with it.
  • BillyMansell
    BillyMansell Posts: 817
    Buckie2k5 wrote:

Its just healthy rivalry, if you cared about football you would get it. No different from a man city fan not wanting utd to win. Racism got nothing to do with it.
    Xenophobia and racism are not the same.
  • Serious Cat
    Some england fans wonder why so many footie fans from other countries want them to get absolutely hammered, england relentless l y banging on at every opportunity about bloody 1966 .....48 yrs ago :shock: yaaaaaaaawn is hugely relevant.
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    Care, less, not and could come to mind...

The only welcome news would be that those whose homes were bulldozed for the "beautiful (sic) game" have returned the compliment by leveling a couple of stadia.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • Stevo_666
    TBH we don't seriously expect to win it or even do that well, but at least we got there unlike some really shyte teams with jealous supporters :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Forsake Italian - I really hope we marmalise Engerlaaaaand tonight but I can see a 1-0 or thereabouts going either way.

I don't think it's going to be a Spain/Holland but hopefully Gli Azzurri will get it sorted.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Forsake Italian - I really hope we marmalise Engerlaaaaand tonight but I can see a 1-0 or thereabouts going either way.

I don't think it's going to be a Spain/Holland but hopefully Gli Azzurri will get it sorted.
    At least you're supporting because you have Italian heritage IIRC. Bit sad if it's just an ABE job.
  • Serious Cat

Would love it to be like Spain v Holland as in England 1 - 5 Italy
  • Matthewfalle

Would love it to be like Spain v Holland as in England 1 - 5 Italy

Agree completely.

Italian heritage. Abruzzese.

And obviously I meant forza not fore sake but I'm on someone's stupid i-pad thing that keeps on changing what I'm typing.............

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Some england fans wonder why so many footie fans from other countries want them to get absolutely hammered, england relentless l y banging on at every opportunity about bloody 1966 .....48 yrs ago :shock: yaaaaaaaawn is hugely relevant.

You mean Scotland, right?
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Come on Sterling!
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    I'm English, prefer rugby and want England to do well. Knocked out in semis to leave 2 amazing teams to make a great final. That's what I'd like to see.

But above everything I want people to forget about '66. Too long ago to mean anything.

Want to see world cup match between the home nations in football once in my life like in rugby. I think I'll see England win the world cup before I see that unfortunately. Doubt I'll see either.
  • scottishgeek
    scottishgeek Posts: 143
    I am normally a somewhat jokingly ABE 'fan' due to the media's immense over-hyping of an average to slightly above average team. This time I'd like them to do well due to everybody putting their chances down.
  • Matthewfalle
    And so our march onwards starts :)

Makes engerrrrrlands whole W/C a bit trickier now.

Tangled: Semis? Not a chance. Not for the next two W/Cs at least. Sorry.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Serious Cat
    On radio 5 phone in after the match an Engerlaaaaaaaand fan was calling for Woy to go, one freakin match into the tournament and its started already :lol:
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    Why is it that when a World Cup comes around, all the Scottish fans keep reminding us that England won it in 1966? Yet the English are happy to be in yet another tournament....
  • Serious Cat
    johnfinch wrote:

You mean Scotland, right?

No,the only ones who like the English football team with their lager lout fans are the English themselves and you would be enlightened to see how many nations who want them to get absolutely stuffed. The delusional fans and English media make so many people despise the football team, not m y opinion...fact !
  • napoleond
    Came in to work this morning to find my fears confirmed. Cells full of absolute idiots.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Came in to work this morning to find my fears confirmed. Cells full of absolute idiots.

What kind of people usually frequent the cells?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • napoleond
    In general, a slightly lower level of idiot. Ones that don't flood cells, bang doors for hours on end (at a measured 118dB), smear faeces on walls, spit at staff etc...
    ABCC Cycling Coach