Help required - Total NOOB!

2»

Comments

• phippski
    phippski Posts: 17
    I've got dmr v8 pedals and they work well with my dc skate shoes. don't think I've seen it mentioned but gloves might be a good idea, I got some endura's they're very comfortable.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/endu ... p-prod9369
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    chrisw333 wrote:
    Re Mudhuggers - they don't just clog with mud. People shoot sometimes from the hip with advice on here.
    Try reading what I wrote and you'll see it was sensible....rather than what you think I wrote!

Also mud clogging depends very much on the mud, I ride on a very clay-ey soil, I have seen crud catchers mounted 2" from the tyre pick up enough mud to start rubbing and once seen a front wheel look like a TT disc wheel as the spokes were full of mud......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • chrisw333
    chrisw333 Posts: 695
    The Rookie wrote:
    chrisw333 wrote:
    Re Mudhuggers - they don't just clog with mud. People shoot sometimes from the hip with advice on here.
    Try reading what I wrote and you'll see it was sensible....rather than what you think I wrote!

Also mud clogging depends very much on the mud, I ride on a very clay-ey soil, I have seen crud catchers mounted 2" from the tyre pick up enough mud to start rubbing and once seen a front wheel look like a TT disc wheel as the spokes were full of mud......

Have your tried one?

The point of the design is that it is very close to the tyre and they self clear. Dont know how or why, but they do. And you can't get more clayey or claggy than the Wyre Forest.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    chrisw333 wrote:
    Re Mudhuggers - they don't just clog with mud. People shoot sometimes from the hip with advice on here. They work well and have several magazine reviews agreeing with this.

They are pretty much the best mudguards you can get (rear at least) for comprehensive protection. Whether this is something your after (some people feel more manly riding without guards) or the aesthetics are to your taste is obviously personal choice. But if you want the best mud guards, these are them.

They are ok but never seem to actually stay inline with the rear wheel and get in the way if you ride any really steep sections.
  • The Rookie
    chrisw333 wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:
    chrisw333 wrote:

Have your tried one?

The point of the design is that it is very close to the tyre and they self clear. Dont know how or why, but they do. And you can't get more clayey or claggy than the Wyre Forest.
    Your still not reading what I wrote, try it, you may surprise yourself........
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    A handful of first aid bits comes in useful on a rare occasion. Large plasters, anti-septic wipes, gauze and bandage... they don't weight or cost much.
  • chrisw333
    chrisw333 wrote:
    Re Mudhuggers - they don't just clog with mud. People shoot sometimes from the hip with advice on here. They work well and have several magazine reviews agreeing with this.

They are pretty much the best mudguards you can get (rear at least) for comprehensive protection. Whether this is something your after (some people feel more manly riding without guards) or the aesthetics are to your taste is obviously personal choice. But if you want the best mud guards, these are them.

They are ok but never seem to actually stay inline with the rear wheel and get in the way if you ride any really steep sections.

RM, I think you're thinking about the Muckynutz? The Mudhuggers are rock solid and attached to your seat stays.
  • chrisw333
    The Rookie wrote:
    chrisw333 wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:
    chrisw333 wrote:

Have your tried one?

Your still not reading what I wrote, try it, you may surprise yourself........

sigh, if you really have to play this game and discuss semantics.

You wrote "Look like they will just fill with mud and clog....."

Which is a negative message, likely to put "Total NOOB" off the product.

I wrote "they don't just clog with mud. People shoot sometimes from the hip with advice on here. "

If you want to argue you were not giving 'advice,' just commenting on how they look, go right ahead and have your word game fun. But whatever your wording, as a regular poster on the forum people are going to act on your thoughts & 'advice.' I certainly have in the past. If it looks like advice and smells like advice....
  • The Rookie
    Exactly, well done, look like, not will or did, which is what you were complaining that I had in effect said.

Still think they LOOK LIKE they will in the mud I ride in.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Popcorn anyone?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Mud guards are for gays..... EOT
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    This thread seems to have slowed down a bit so I'll try and get her going again:

Them thar spokes in thar them wheels look like em will clog with mud too!