Bryton Rider 60

2»

Comments

• luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    That probably explains this then:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/bryton-rider-60e-gps-cycle-computer/rp-prod140051
    Thought was a good discount at £199, but not if unsupported. Have always been happy enough with my Rider 50 unit but noticed the once regular updates have slowed to nothing over the past year...curse of the smartphone? :?
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    i have a bryton rider 40. does anyone have any idea how i delete the "planned routes" i've put on it? they're just building up at the minute.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    To resurrect what is a rather old thread but only to caution anyone that may be considering purchasing a Bryton Rider 60, I have copied below a message posted on Facebook to Bryton:
    FYI...as you don't seem to actively participate in your own Facebook pages...As stated above...Looks like the Rider 60 is effectively dead. Here's a response from Bryton to an enquiry about its future development/support..."Hi David, thank you for your message. From my knowledge, recently there won't be any update on Rider 60, but if there is any new update in the future, I will sure post on Facebook. Really sorry for any inconvenience caused !" ... Update...RIP Bryton Rider 60!!! My own research at the weekend resulted in me emailing <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">gpstuner.com</span>, the company that effectively creates the engine behind the Rider 60 (and the Mio Cyclo 505). They replied to say that Bryton no longer require them to support the Rider 60 and therefore they can do nothing more. I will try to post exactly what their response was when I get home, but essentially they have confirmed there will be no updates to the device or the maps installed on it (which are 2 years out of date). I regard the Rider 60 now to be obsolete and I do not hold my breath waiting for it to be replaced by Bryton or anyone else. I'm not convinced I would ever buy another Bryton device simply because of this debacle and their failure to support their products. I will put up with the Rider 60 for the time being and see what other devices come to market over the next 6 months or so (or may just bite the bullet now if I get totally let down while riding in France over the next 2 weeks...Further update...Rider 60 continues to disappoint. 2 weeks in France = 2 weeks of unreliable routing. Come on Bryton, fix your existing products before shouting about new products - "Simple but Powerful" Who are you kidding? The only way I would consider ANY new Bryton product would be if I was given a substantial discount to compensate for the problems you seem incapable of fixing in your existing products!

Device not updated. Maps old and cannot be updated (except by Bryton). I consider my Bryton as functional. Just, but only if you accept that routing is not reliable. Not recommended at present.

I have to admit that I came to the conclusion that Bryton have all but given up on cycle GPS. There hasn't been anything significant new since the 60. Shame as it all started out rather promising.

I am currently awaiting a warranty replacement Bryton 20 - for four months so far!
    i have a bryton rider 40. does anyone have any idea how i delete the "planned routes" i've put on it? they're just building up at the minute.

Does the 'Erase' function on the 'Follow Track' menu not do it?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • gsk82

No it only seems to delete the history, not planned trip.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221

No it only seems to delete the history, not planned trip.

Try System ~ Settings ~ Erase Data
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    I have seen the sales on this at various stores. Guess they are clearing stock.
    Absolutely shocking that Bryton have stopped supporting their top cycling gps.
    Stores selling the device should be making this clear to buyers!
  • gsk82
    thanks g00se
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I have seen the sales on this at various stores. Guess they are clearing stock.
    Absolutely shocking that Bryton have stopped supporting their top cycling gps.
    Stores selling the device should be making this clear to buyers!

Of course, as far as the software goes, not supporting that anymore could be an advantage. The Garmin 810 would be a lot better if Garmin stopped supporting that!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • tonyf34
    tonyf34 Posts: 194
    New Website http://www.brytonactive.com and app, many unhappy customers still and rightly so.