What's with people these days?

2»

Comments

• paul2718
    paul2718 Posts: 471
    drlodge wrote:
    My Dad actually used coax aerial cable as speaker cable to feed his QUAD ESL 57 electrostatic speakers. They're very low impedence speakers at low frequencies.
    Low impedance at high frequencies, I think. I wouldn't recommend coax as a speaker cable here simply because it is relatively high capacitance, and that makes the issue worse. Mains cables are a good source of adequate speaker wire, particularly the orange stuff intended to be used for lawnmowers.

Paul
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    I use 75 strand rat tail.

The rats are getting fed up.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Slowbike wrote:
    I listen to music ...

I do have some good quality speaker cables, reasonable speakers and a 28yo amplifier ...

or I play the piano ..

eitherway I can't hear the rantings of some deranged idiot posting on a forum .... ;)

What do you play on the piano? Can you play Leibestraum or Chopsticks?
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    He plays the Chopin Liszt on the way to the shops.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    I remember the whole audiophile thing - had a friend who was really into it. Concrete speaker enclosures (can't ever call it a case) amps and pre-amps, turntables without an arm, £££ and $$$.

My hearing is abysmal. I'm very happy with a CD player that looks OK on the side table :D
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    ToeKnee wrote:

Perhaps we can move on and discuss brake and gear cables? If I use bell wire for that will there be a chime every time I brake?

No, but you might get to hear what an ambulance siren sounds like from the inside.

The older I get, the better I was.

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Slowbike wrote:
    I listen to music ...

I do have some good quality speaker cables, reasonable speakers and a 28yo amplifier ...

or I play the piano ..

eitherway I can't hear the rantings of some deranged idiot posting on a forum .... ;)

Yes ..

But mostly jazz
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    My older sister is bigger than you're older sister and she will beat your older sister up so neah...
  • pinno
    Slowbike wrote:
    Slowbike wrote:
    I listen to music ...

or I play the piano ..

Yes ..

But mostly jazz

Care to elaborate or am I going to have to get uppity with you so that the uppity one's on this thread can stay uppity because we haven't gone off topic despite not getting uppity just for uppityness's sake?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    My personal favourite is directional cable.

Yes, I have had some, and yes, I did try it the "wrong" way round. Total bumpkin.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    lawrences wrote:
    Ok then.

-And using the same logic, your helmet should be proportional to your intelligence.

Most helmets have holes in them, not sure of the significance :D
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    PBlakeney wrote:
    My personal favourite is directional cable.

Yes, I have had some, and yes, I did try it the "wrong" way round. Total bumpkin.

Listening to a mono recording of Miles Davis, puts the need for stereo, bi wiring phased and directional cables into question.

Even the Cd to amp wires are directional.